Picked up new car last week - faults

(2 Posts)
Difficultyear2015 Tue 10-Jan-17 22:14:32

Bought a 3 year old car from our local Alfa main dealer just before Christmas and picked it up last Friday.
Saturday we took it for its first long drive and on the motorway found that it has a vibration through the steering wheel only under acceleration.

I spoke to the dealer on the Saturday and they said they would call me back on Monday when the workshop was open.
I chased this up Monday late afternoon and they arranged to collect the car from me today and dropped it back an hour later saying it drives much better.

When I drive it home it wasn't any different.

DP has been in touch with the dealer again and asked for them to pick it up and not deliver it back until it is sorted.

That is fine by me as long as that's the end of it.

However, I'm now worrying if something so sasily spotted got passed their 100 point mechanical check, what else have they missed?
The car has done nearly 40k miles and only comes with 6 months warranty and I'm wary that if there are worn parts that should have been replaced haven't been or if the service they say they carried out hasn't been that il be in for some hefty bills.

Am I just over thinking these things or would you look into this further?

starving Sat 18-Mar-17 16:15:09

A 3 year old car with 40000 on the clock. Alarm bells would be ringing for me. Hope you got it sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now