7 seater for dog?!

(16 Posts)
Wolfiefan Sat 24-Dec-16 16:10:13

I'm looking to replace my little car now we have a massive dog!
The plan is to get a 7 seater and remove the back row of seats. We would need a flat boot.
Questions! If you have a 7 seater do the rear seats fold down or need unbolting (and so storing?)
I need a big boot space but also easy access for the dog. (So a low step up to boot or access via a side sliding door.)
Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Floralnomad Sat 24-Dec-16 16:14:18

Would it not be more practical for him/her to sit on the row of seats with a seat harness on

Wolfiefan Sat 24-Dec-16 16:16:50

She's just a pup at the moment. As she's an Irish Wolfhound climbing up onto seats isn't ideal (joint damage can be caused if they jump up or down!) I think I would struggle to get a harness that would secure her!
She's happy in the boot of my present car. Was hoping a 7 seater would be the answer!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 24-Dec-16 16:18:24

I have an old Peugeot 5008 which is a 7 seater, seats fold down at the back to give enormous boot space. Fantastic for my dogs.

I'm replacing my car soon, but haven't found anything else with a low boot that would suit the dogs. So I'm looking at a getting the same again - a 7 seater car for just me and the dogs confused. I still do a school run with ds3 but he'll be 17 next year and driving. I'm putting it off because I don't know what to get.

musicteacheriz Sat 24-Dec-16 16:19:17

We have a discovery 3 which has a wide boot and is 7 seater. The seats in the boot click into the boot and the vehicle can be lowered 😊

LilCamper Sat 24-Dec-16 16:21:56

We have a new Kia Sorento, back seats fold down and our Lab is in a crate in the boot.

Wolfiefan Sat 24-Dec-16 16:22:09

Thanks through!
I also have two kids. No plans for any more!!!
I have seen people with a Berlingo (I think). 5 seats. Back row folds flat. (IIRC!)

fuzzyfozzy Sat 24-Dec-16 16:23:44

We have an smax. It's 7 seats, the back two fold flat.

Wolfiefan Sat 24-Dec-16 16:24:00

Thanks for the suggestions. No SUV style thing will work unfortunately! I won't be able to lift her fully grown and she can't jump in and out as it damages the growth plates.
Most people who are really into wolfhounds or have more than one resort to a transit style vehicle! shock

Wolfiefan Sat 24-Dec-16 16:25:08

Thanks fuzzy. The smax was on the list.
I can see me driving round garages and asking strangers if I can put my dog in their display model?!?! fblush

Cherryskypie Sat 24-Dec-16 16:25:12

Try a folding car ramp for dogs. Something like this. Then at least you'll have more flexibility on boot height. They range from £30-£60.

startingtolooklikemother Sat 24-Dec-16 16:26:22

Have a look at ford torneo connect. I have one it's amazing, low boot and basically it's a ford transit with seats in. It's great to drive and easy for the dogs ( I have pugs but I've got 5 so nearly the size of one wolfhound!)

Wolfiefan Sat 24-Dec-16 16:27:33

Thanks Cherry. We may have to do that anyway as she gets older. It's just a weight issue as she will be huge.
Puppy says thanks.

Cherryskypie Sat 24-Dec-16 16:31:09

She's beautiful.

The Orvis ramps are pricier than others but will easily take her full grown weight. Details here.

www.orvis.co.uk/p/super-lightweight-pet-ramps/3713

carpedonut Sat 24-Dec-16 17:05:15

Oh you finally got your dream dog. Congratulations!

Recommend Toyota verso 😄

Wolfiefan Sat 24-Dec-16 17:14:03

Thank you Cherry. I think longer term a ramp is a definite must.
And carpe. She totally and completely is my dream dog. fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now