£18k budget - ideally 2yr old

(9 Posts)
hoping2016 Mon 21-Nov-16 22:03:56

Which car would you recommend.....so far I've looked at qashqai, Toyota rav 4, bmw 2 series (7 seater)

My favourite was the bmw however I don't want 7 seater and the 5 seater looks a little small.

Anyone got mazda crv 5?

HugoH2007 Tue 22-Nov-16 13:58:44

Hi

The Nissan Qashqai is a higher rated car and is very reliable. It is also cheaper than the BMW so you are more likely to find an affordable model for your budget.

Also are you looking to buy or to lease the car?

hoping2016 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:45:49

Thank you looking to buy and keep for around 10yrs

newbiz Tue 22-Nov-16 14:53:35

Kia Sportage is a fabulous car, bit bigger than the Qashqai and you could get a decent spec for that price

MidMay Tue 22-Nov-16 15:04:47

We've just changed from 7 seat to a 5 seater and we looked at all those on your list OP. We went for a VW Golf SV. Based on golf but bigger boot. Really pleased and got a such a good deal on Carwow that from expecting to go for 2 year old, got brand new.

HugoH2007 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:14:10

Carwow is a good place to look for deals. Hippo Motor Finance is a good place to buy a car as well. Give them a call and explain what you're looking for and they should be able to help you out. hippomotorfinance.co.uk/

My friend also drove the 5-seater BMW and they said it is well worth considering as well, plus it isn't as small as it looks. I guess it depends on what you want it for.

AndNowItsSeven Tue 22-Nov-16 15:17:11

I skim read the thread title as a £18k budget for a two year old child. Thought it was the mother of all Christmas gift stealth boast.

lionheart Tue 07-Feb-17 17:20:39

Go for a VW Golf GTI its a great drive, should be fine for your children and has a perfect amount of luggage space.

vimtoqueen1 Tue 07-Feb-17 17:22:28

I love our quasqui but would only recommend it if you have one or two kids. I doubt 3 car seats would fit across the back comfortably!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now