Car insurance for job seeker

(2 Posts)
RebelSoldier Wed 02-Nov-16 11:19:28

I've just separated and need a new car insurance policy.

It's working out over £70 more per month if I say I'm unemployed.
To be honest, whilst I don't have a job, I'm looking after the kids so can't I just say I'm a stay at home mother.

sad I don't know what to do.

I can't afford the amount required but I don't want to lie, obviously.
Unless I don't get insurance until I have a job? But that is so impractical with kids etc.

JackieN66 Mon 28-Nov-16 15:44:37

You could just get a 1 or 2 month policy, I used to do that when I lived abroad but visited my family in the UK do it...

I always use (well, I have done for the past 3 years) as they always seem to come out cheapest.

I'd go for the short term policy if it's cheap enough so you're not stuck til you find a job, best of luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now