Turbo in Peugeot 3008 gone after 30,000 miles...

(5 Posts)
ThirdWheelSally Sun 21-Aug-16 18:22:43

We've got a 59 plate Pug 3008 and today the turbo has died. It's only done 30,000 miles. Is it normal for it to go so early in the car's life? and how much can I expect to pay to have it replaced?

ThirdWheelSally Mon 22-Aug-16 10:05:15

hopeful bump for the morning crowd!

Togaparties Tue 23-Aug-16 08:08:37

That is quite a low mileage. Has it been regularly serviced? Does it do lots of short journeys? Assume it's diesel? How long have you had it?

ThirdWheelSally Tue 23-Aug-16 08:28:28

I'm sure it has, we've only had it about a year and we got it from a main peugeot dealer.

Togaparties Tue 23-Aug-16 08:35:25

Did it come with a 12 month warranty? It doesn't sound like you do many miles in it either? A diesel is probably unsuitable for your needs. I would never buy a car with such a low mileage for its age it's a recipie for problems especially when combined with a Peugeot. As for cost that will depend on what (if any) further damage has been done. If it's not covered under warranty then it will be expensive at a main dealer. Find a good local indy. Probably looking at a bill somewhere in the £500-1000 range. Don't even consider a cheap Chinese turbo off eBay, they're shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now