Van like MPVs anyone got one?

(11 Posts)
Misselthwaite Sat 20-Aug-16 22:52:53

I'm looking to replace my 7 seater. I've never been entirely comfortable using the seats in the boot and it also means I have little or no boot space left. I've been looking at the Volkswagon Caddy Maxi and the Ford Grand Torneo Connect.

Does anyone have one? What are they like to drive? Are the seats in the back big enough for teens / small adults? Is there actual boot space when using all 7 seats?

MachiKoro Sat 20-Aug-16 23:03:22

I've looked at smaller ones (e.g. Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot ?Bipper), but the safety ratings leave a lot to be desired. Definitely worth looking at.

Misselthwaite Sat 20-Aug-16 23:33:17

Thanks Machikoro I'd not checked that. But looking the Ford Torneo Connect gets 5* so not a problem.

MachiKoro Sat 20-Aug-16 23:36:06

Well, people on here seem to love the Ford SMax, though it's not van-style of course.
I'm afraid I don't know many 7-seaters, as I only have 2 DC!

Placeinthesun Tue 23-Aug-16 12:53:12

No no no don't get an smax... Mine is a Lemon, diesel injectors 2k to fix. Trading it in soonest.

MachiKoro Wed 24-Aug-16 21:34:13

Well, I have driven behind a VW caddy and a VW transporter this week- they both looked pretty sound, the transporter was huge though- almost as big as a transit!

BikeRunSki Wed 24-Aug-16 21:36:49

Good friends of ours have just got the Caddy Maxi, with the camper insert. I am well jel. envy.

SummerSazz Wed 24-Aug-16 21:38:01

We have a transporter and although they look big its only a few cm longer than my Volvo v50 and the same length as a friends ford smax? The larger one anyway.
Its fab to drive and easy to park (with sensors)

HexBramble Wed 24-Aug-16 21:40:33

I drive a T5 (VW) and I love it.
Safe, solid, tons of room.

It's my baby. star

PopsicleBopsicle Wed 24-Aug-16 21:48:39

Have a ford connect. Comfy for the driver and spaceship like inside but uncomfortable for passengers. Boot is crap too and it's a bit gutless

HatePaperDoll Wed 24-Aug-16 21:56:53

I know a few people with VW Transporters who really rate them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now