Touran: Someone talk some sense into me

(5 Posts)

DC3 due in March so we're going to need a bigger car. We both like VWs, so off we went to the showroom to look at a Touran but what I hadn't realised is that there's a new one out that's winning lots of prizes. Of course now DH won't even look at the old model - even a nice cheap one that's only 1 year old. The man in the shop said he'd do us a deal on his showroom one, which has ALL the bells and whistles. Top of the range etc. going for a test drive on sat.
Of course, we don't actually need the car for another 6 months... Are they likely to get any cheaper before then? We've never considered buying new before, but we're unlikely to find a second hand one if they've only been out 3 months, aren't we? It does seem like a v nice car, but it just seems a bit silly... Someone talk me down?

Togaparties Tue 09-Aug-16 15:45:41

Yeah, don't buy a VW shed.

AmyBecker Wed 10-Aug-16 11:58:39

Found the list here for all the options on the new Touran, might be worth looking at each one and see which one's best for you so you're not getting over sold something that you don't even really need. (I've nearly fallen for it a few times) www.carkeys.co.uk/volkswagen/touran/estate?76542rh

Not sure if the price will have gone down and if so not by much, probably just depends on what else they're bringing out in their range at that time but I'm not entirely sure sad

I've used these guys anyway just for price comparison and they should help you out with it hopefully anyway!

Alwaysinahurrynow Sat 20-Aug-16 10:16:34

You might get one 3 months old as we bought a sharan 3 months old from the Volkswagen main site that had been used as a courtesy car. You have to keep watching the website.

amcunningham Sat 27-Aug-16 15:22:02

Price one up on carwow - we have just ordered from local dealer who didn't pricematch best carwow offer but still gave us an 18% discount on list price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now