Need a secondhand car that can fit 3 car seats in the back plus boot

(16 Posts)
SusanAndBinkyRideForth Fri 08-Jul-16 19:24:18

We have a small 5 year old in a substantial high backed booster, a 2 year old in an ERF seat and will have a baby in an ISO fix baby seat.
We also go camping and other sports so need decent boot space.
DH has his heart set on a s max, but they don't seem to come up often and are quite expensive.
I've also heard that a Citroen C4 Picasso might be suitable.

Any others to consider?

Cantplaywontplay Fri 08-Jul-16 19:29:52

Citreon Berlingo seems to have three individual seats in the back and a good size boot

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Fri 08-Jul-16 19:34:35

Ooh thanks, will add it to the list

PotteringAlong Fri 08-Jul-16 19:38:36

We have a mondeo estate and can get 3 car seats across the back. Our 2 year old is forward facing though - I'm not sure we'd get an ERF in there instead.

ButtfaceMiscreant Fri 08-Jul-16 19:38:48

We have a Citroën C4 Grand Picasso. Fits our DD car seat (she's 2.5) and two baby isofix seats for DTSs (8m), plus we have the rear 2 seats folded into the floor to have the space for the double pram in the boot.

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Fri 08-Jul-16 19:40:34

Pottering - what order do you have the seats in? Is the middle seat full width with a 3 point belt?
Thanks

PotteringAlong Fri 08-Jul-16 19:43:58

We have isofix infant seat, high back booster, stage 1 car seat.

The middle seat does have a 3 point belt. It's not full width but it's not far off. The thing we did was get car seats to fit the car not buy a car to fit our car seats - it was a lot cheaper to buy a narrower infant car seat than to buy a new car.

Which do a guide about the narrowest car seats.

PotteringAlong Fri 08-Jul-16 19:51:28

Meant to add; you can't do it if you use both isofix bases. We only use the one.

a good place to look

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Fri 08-Jul-16 19:56:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Boredomismyenemy Fri 08-Jul-16 20:06:08

If you have substantial seats then you won't get three across the back of a Mondeo. 2 cybex hbb in the back of mine and literally only a slither of seat left in between. I'd look at an s-max, Citroen Picasso or vw touran-anything with 3 independent rear seats will work better for you.

PotteringAlong Fri 08-Jul-16 20:06:54

malcolm I'd probably agree but number 3 was a bit of a surprise and we couldn't afford to replace the car so we had to make it work blush

It's fine though!

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Fri 08-Jul-16 20:57:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PotteringAlong Fri 08-Jul-16 21:40:55

We did the whole trying seats in and out to see what fits thing grin

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Fri 08-Jul-16 22:30:48

Brilliant, thanks everyone smile

roseteapot101 Sat 09-Jul-16 17:07:41

i was about to post to ask the same thing i need a 3 along with 2 seats to fold at back for more space for camping too lol

HelenaJustina Sat 09-Jul-16 17:09:13

Fiat Multipla. 3 seats easy across the back and super boot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now