Minivan or other for 3DC

(6 Posts)
NewEnglandMum3 Fri 10-Jun-16 02:54:25

We're moving from the US to England and the car options are completely different, so feeling lost on what type of car to get for our family of 5. 2 DC are in high back boosters and my youngest is in a car seat. I've been driving a minivan and could be happier with a slightly smaller and more fuel efficient car, as I'll be doing more driving in the UK. Any suggestions for a comfortable 7 seater? We rented an Alhambra minivan on a visit and that was fine but curious what else is out there.

Ford S-Max/Galaxy
Citroen C4 Picasso
Vauxhall Zafira

NewEnglandMum3 Mon 13-Jun-16 18:47:25

Thank you! We have focused on the Citroen Picasso as it seems to get great reviews.

musicinspring1 Mon 13-Jun-16 18:49:17

I was going to say citroen Picasso or Renault grand scenic.

Pooka Mon 13-Jun-16 18:49:39

Love my s-max. Is brilliant. Drives like a normal car, parks very well (sensors at front and rear v. Helpful in tight car parks).

I don't know about citroens. We had no end of problems with one many years ago (we didn't call it the shit-ron for nothing) but, as I said, that was years ago and may be better build quality now.

LotsofDots Mon 13-Jun-16 18:55:51

We are very happy with our Smax. Three full size seats in the middle row with isofix, two decent size back row seats that fold down, but still enough boot for a day trip if using them. Boot is massive when they are folded down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now