Best 7 seater for 3+ car seats?

(9 Posts)
Scarydinosaurs Tue 07-Jun-16 19:03:41

Now we're expecting DC3 we are going to swap our 5 seater Renault for a seven seater. I have three different friends who have 2 DC each, none of whom can drive and I am often the driver to go places- so ideally a car that I can fit five car seats/booster seats in. I have managed this in a borrowed SEAT Alhambra, but can anyone recommend the best 7 seater for minimum 3 car seats?

Thanks so much! I'm about to book test drives!

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Tue 07-Jun-16 19:09:43

We have a Mitsubishi Grandis that fits three across. It has a humongous amount of space in general but on the negative side, dh reports that it drives like a minibus. It's been very reliable over the 7 years we have had it though.

Scarydinosaurs Tue 07-Jun-16 21:01:37

Thanks, countess, can you fit seats in the back two seats too?

DrarryForever Tue 07-Jun-16 21:40:22

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso has 3 individual seats across the back (iirc all 3 have isofix points too), plus 2 seats in the boot that fold into the floor when you're not using them. The boot is huge and you can still fit an umbrella fold pushchair in when the boot seats are up.
We have the diesel version and it's very economical, drives really well and is easy to park/manoeuvre. I'd really recommend looking at them.

DrarryForever Tue 07-Jun-16 21:42:00

Oh, and you can out boosters/high back seats in the boot seats, not as sure about toddler-type car seats, my dcs are long past that point!

SueTrinder Tue 07-Jun-16 21:45:12

We have a Ford S-Max. DH tried out the carseats in several cars and the S-Max had the most room for the DC in HBB to do up their seatbelts, it was the widest car. We are a short family and have lots of legroom in the S-Max but if you are long of leg the Galaxy has much more legroom especially for those in the third row of seats. We could fit our Phil and Ted in the boot even when the back row of seats was up which was a big plus.

SweepTheHalls Tue 07-Jun-16 21:52:45

We have the Galaxy, I've been really pleased with it. Easy to have the 2high backed boosters and the Group 0 seat in a row and the extra seats in the boot are a good size.

AliBingo Tue 14-Jun-16 11:57:41

Vw Sharon/seat Alhambra have 5 isofix seats in rows 2 and 3, and the second row has top tether, I think row 3 does too but not 100% sure. I love our sharan!

Scarydinosaurs Tue 14-Jun-16 14:30:20

Oh thank you! So much good advice!

I'm sorry I'm only just replying- for some reason this didn't bump on my 'threads I'm on' list.

We tried out the Renault 7 seater, we can fit our car seats in the back two seats and across the middle, so think we're going to go with that.

Thanks so much for all the advice- it was really helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now