Is there a car out there for us?

(2 Posts)
FiveHoursSleep Wed 11-May-16 09:28:32

Our old Previa is dying a slow death and we need to chuck a car load of money at it, or buy a new(ish) one. We are having a nightmare trying to find something that will suit us, and have just been let down by SEAT who, after two weeks of handing paperwork back and forth, have informed us they no longer make petrol automatics Alhambras!
Our new car must seat 6 comfortably. Our two youngest are 8 and 10 but are not going to stay small for long.
I think it has to be an automatic as we live in London and do lots of short journeys where we sit around in traffic. My DH is not as confident a driver as I am, and he prefers an auto.
We drive mostly around town/ the suburbs and usually have one 30 minute run once a week. We often take our car on holiday and end up doing around 3000 miles.
We prefer petrol as we only do 4-7000 miles a year but it's beginning to look like we will have to go with diesel. We don't want to though.
We'd like sliding doors, but this is negotiable. The kids will just have to learn not to fling the doors open.
We would like some boot space with all seats up but there are very few cars that do this these days so are happy to make do with a roof box.
We would like a backing camera and sat nav but these can be installed in most cars I believe.
It should be less than 3 years old and our budget is around 30K.
We don't care about the colour or what it looks like.

Does anyone drive anything that might suit us?

Misselthwaite Fri 03-Jun-16 19:40:35

What about a Mitsubishi outlander? Look for the hybrid model.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now