Nippy little city car

(8 Posts)
Lalalax3 Tue 10-May-16 19:54:07

Hi all, I live in London and have just passed my driving test and am looking for a second hand nippy little city car (Aygo or similar) to use locally and for occasional trips up North to see the in laws. Budget max £3k. I have a 20 mth old so I'd need to have a car seat in the back and a buggy in the boot - is this asking a lot of a nippy little city car? I am VERY attracted by cheap tax and insurance. But would I be better off with a Polo/Corsa type thing?

Gracey79 Tue 10-May-16 19:55:26

I've got a Kia picanto which is v similar to an aygo in size and can fit a buggy and car seat in fine, it's also 5 door which is easier for getting ds n and out. Mines zero tax and pretty good on fuel x

someonescj Tue 21-Jun-16 14:20:33

Hyundai i10 as it's nippy with low insurance and running costs and has a lot of boot space for a small car plus 5 seats and 5 doors.

Togaparties Wed 22-Jun-16 16:36:31

Don't think you'll find many genuinely nippy superminis for £3k. I was going to suggest a Fiat 500 Abarth but that's out of budget. Aygos are woefully slow, I'd expect to be getting done off the lights by pushbike.

RiverTam Wed 22-Jun-16 16:40:41

No idea how much they are but I've had a Ford Ka for years, don't get much smaller, very nippy and it's been as far as the Highlands and Cornwall. Oh, and DD is now 6. When she was younger we could got a bugaboo bee, a travel cot and a highchair plus all our luggage in it.

LittleCandle Wed 22-Jun-16 16:43:15

I have a C1 that I would highly recommend. It has 4 doors and is only £20 per year road tax. It is economical on the petrol, too and unless I am doing an unusual amount of miles (visiting DD at uni for example), I only fill up once a month.

ExConstance Wed 22-Jun-16 16:43:47

Fiat Panda? doors, plenty of room inside, decent size boot for the buggy and the 1.2 petrol engine is reliable and economical. I'm on my second and will probably get another at some point - I'd love a 4wd, but outside my budget ( and yours, sadly)

Lalalax3 Wed 22-Jun-16 21:15:16

Thanks all, I bought a 5 door Corsa and I love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now