Need a 5 seater with HUGE boot space for camping gear . . .

(7 Posts)
feetheart Thu 07-Apr-16 10:16:36

We currently have a 13 yr old Picasso that needs to be replaced.
I love it as it is small enough to be treated as a car, has enough room in the back for growing kids, is a weird enough shape to recognise across a car park, has a huge boot space for all our camping stuff and all 3 back seats can fold or be removed independently (this is important!).
What can we replace it with?
I'd be happy with another, newer Picasso but what else could we consider?
TIA

akkakk Thu 07-Apr-16 10:20:15

Anything designed as a 7 seater tends to be huge if only using 5 seats, and tends to have more flexibility with seats

feetheart Thu 07-Apr-16 10:38:21

I REALLY don't want a 7 seater though, or an estate.

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 07-Apr-16 10:41:16

Skoda Octavia if you want a saloon/hatchback

There are obviously other options if you want to stick with the MPV style such as Renault Scenic/Nissan Almera/VW Touran. Scenic definitely comes as a 5 seater, not sure about the others.

AtiaoftheJulii Thu 07-Apr-16 10:41:48

Berlingo?

BrandNewAndImproved Thu 07-Apr-16 10:42:19

What about a miriva? They have big boots, feel bigger on the inside then they look as your quite high up in them.

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 07-Apr-16 10:42:49

There is a reason that taxis use the Octavia - it has the biggest boot space in it's class - we have the estate (DH says its the best car he has ever had and he will never get rid of it) but the boot space in the normal version is humungous anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now