Smallest car for occasional 3 boosters/teenagers across the back

(5 Posts)
Cressandra Fri 01-Apr-16 09:58:36

I have 2 DC, youngest is 7. Both are short and will be on boosters until they are 12.

The children are getting bigger, and I'd like the option of giving regular lifts to a couple more children to activities without spending £££ on a big 7 seater. And I really, really LIKE driving a small car for ease of manoeuvring. So basically I'm looking for a tardis in car form, or failing that, the smallest car I can squeeze 3 boosters or teenagers across the back safely.

I'm looking at a focus or altea, but I wondered if anyone could recommend smallish cars they've used for 3?

lljkk Fri 01-Apr-16 10:23:30

Friend gets on with Fiesta or Micra.

TrixieBernadette Fri 01-Apr-16 10:58:42

I have a picanto 3 door and fit two boosters and a teenager in the back. Would be easier with 5 doors, but we all fit.

JustWantToBeDorisAgain Fri 01-Apr-16 12:58:29

I have a fiesta with 3 booster 2 in back one in front, when we pick up extra children or dh comes out eldest dc (10)has lap belt in the middle.

For the amount of time you gave extras that may be worth investigating

Cressandra Fri 01-Apr-16 16:00:57

This is good news, thanks all.

I couldn't get 3 boosters in my fabia, I think finding a car with a flatter back seat rather than bucket type shaped seats will be key.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now