Kia Carens

(2 Posts)
Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Thu 24-Mar-16 10:39:54

Does anyone have a Kia Carens?

Is it reliable?

Is the 7 year warranty watertight?

Is it cheapish to run?

Can you get 3 booster seats across the back?

Is the boot decent if you have the rear seats (seats 6 and 7) and fold them down?

Are the 2 foldable rear seats decent or teeny?

Any alternative suggestions?

DH is keen and wants to order one from a discount source (new import) without seeing one "in the flesh" - we don't have a Kia dealer anywhere local though there is a VW dealer who services Kias, so that would be fine.

Have 3 kids of my own so proper 5 seater absolutely essential, but also fairly often ferry extra kids about (in return for a rough equivalent of returned favours) so 7 seats very useful.

My current car was, on balance, a mistake/ poor choice and I don't want to get railroaded into getting another dud just because (again) it is cheap for a 7 seater and (in this case) the warrenty is a massive incentive (have had very costly repair bills for my current 5 year old car, which is now costing €2k to get through MOT equivalent! shock )

I do about 20k kilometers a year, mostly short drives (unavoidable due to rural location miles from even a village shop, school or non-school bus bus stop, and 3 kids at 3 different schools with different after school commitments and buses running only straight after the main school day finishes, and in different clubs etc. etc) though also a very long drive of several hundred or a thousand km each way once or twice a year and quite a lot of 100-120 round trip km drives in the mix . This appears to have caused my current car to fall apart in 5 years of use! Do not want this happening again in such a short time!

Would really appreciate any feedback.

traceyed1 Thu 05-May-16 14:51:26

Hi we have the new shape carens petrol 2 spec and we love it. you can definitely fit 3 car seats across the middle seats. the back seats arent massive but big enough for children or small adults. the boot is a great size with seats folded flat. we havent had any issues with ours and its nearly 2 years old. lots of gadgets and storage space too. i would definitely have another Kia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now