Anyone have the user manual for a VW Passat estate (2008)?

(12 Posts)
LooSeatInTheSkyWithDiamonds Mon 08-Feb-16 14:04:54

Unlikely, I know. I'm trying to confirm if we have isofix/tether points in the boot that we can use for a car seat. Thank you!

Bunbaker Mon 08-Feb-16 14:09:59

Just type VW passat estate 2008 manual and you will find several PDFs of manuals come up.

Or type your question in google. I'm pretty sure you find an answer.

LooSeatInTheSkyWithDiamonds Mon 08-Feb-16 14:11:48

The only manuals online are for 2011 Passat and later.

Bunbaker Mon 08-Feb-16 15:07:59

Which browser and search engine are you using? I am using Firefox and google. The VW Passat estate manual is on the second line from the search. I can't put a link on here as it is a PDF.

WMittens Mon 08-Feb-16 15:32:20

The VW Passat estate manual is on the second line from the search.

That isn't the owner's manual, it's the sales literature. Although it might answer the question:
"and Volkswagen’s innovative Isofix fittings to
accommodate two child seats in the rear, providing
maximum protection for children."

It doesn't say anything about fixing points in the boot though.

LooSeatInTheSkyWithDiamonds Mon 08-Feb-16 15:47:40

Thanks for looking for me. It's the boot fixings I'm interested in. Yes, there are Isofix for the back seats, but I'm not sure if the hoops/bars in the boot are just anchor points or if they can be used as car seat tether points.

Think I need a car seat that doesn't need a tether point.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 08-Feb-16 15:50:44

Can't you call your local VW dealer and ask?

LooSeatInTheSkyWithDiamonds Mon 08-Feb-16 15:59:00

When I spoke to them, they said to use the isofix under the seat, which I assumed was just the 2 normal clips you get. I wasn't convinced he really knew what I was getting at and the line was bad. I rang Britax for clarification too, as I couldn't make head or tail of their compatibility chart. They of course just said to look in the manual.

Cars that do have tether points seem to have a special symbol next to them, so I'm guessing our Passat's loops aren't designed to use with a top tether. Who knew fitting a car seat would be so complicated.

Bunbaker Mon 08-Feb-16 16:03:37

Ah, sorry. I wasn't very helpful.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 08-Feb-16 16:21:53

Sorry I can't help more. I've been driving Citreon Picasso cars for 15 years, poured over the manuals repeatedly and am still none the wiser about their ISO FIX compatibility.

MyBootsAreMuddy Mon 08-Feb-16 16:26:25

I just asked a friend who has a 59 plate passat, so the same spec as the 08. She said that the silver D shaped rings either side of the back of the boot space are for Top tether anchoring. The ones at the front of the boot near the boot opening are for lashing shopping bags and stuff.
Our nanny has a VW touran that has the same rings in the same places and I've just had a look in her manual and the D rings at the back of her boot space are for Top tether anchoring too, so I imagine it's the same with all the VWs of that particular time frame.

I have taken a picture from our nanny's touran book but according to my friend her passat manual says the same thing.

LooSeatInTheSkyWithDiamonds Mon 08-Feb-16 16:55:16

No worries Bunbaker, thanks for trying!

perspicacia grin

MuddyBoots - yes, it's the silver d-rings, they are exactly like that in our Passat. Mumsnet is a wonderful place, thank you (and to your friend)!

Off to order my carseat now.. this is the one (in case you were wondering), I wanted an isofix and a 5 point harness. Not that we are awful drivers, but DD still seems too little to be in a 3 point seat belt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now