New tyres for my car?

(4 Posts)
AlanSmith2 Mon 01-Feb-16 13:55:11

Hey all
I am looking for new tyres for my car, and as the winter wasn't so cold (again), I am thinking about buying the new Michelin Crossclimate? Anyone already tried this all season tyre? that would be perfect for an all round tyre I guess.
Or any other idea for a safe tyre?
Thanks, Alan

WMittens Mon 01-Feb-16 18:48:16

I've never used them, but I would trust them. I think my winter tyres (although not needed them so far this winter) are Michelin Alpin of some description, they've been pretty good in bad conditions, although noticeably less grip than a summer tyre when pressing on a bit.

AlanSmith2 Thu 04-Feb-16 15:22:42

Hi WMittens!
Yes apparently the crossclimate are pretty good for an all season, I checked other forums as well.
Which Michelin Alpin did you get? The last Michelin Alpin 5 ? They look great as a winter tyre, but without snow or cold temperature around, I think 4season tyres will be more useful now...

WMittens Fri 05-Feb-16 13:28:22

Which Michelin Alpin did you get?

No idea, they were on a set of wheels I bought for winter spares - I've had them a few years now and they were possibly a couple of years old at that point. The tread has lasted well although obviously they only get used for about 4-5 months of the year (or none this year), and driving tends to be more sedate in crappy conditions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now