Any new style XC90 owners?

(9 Posts)
WalterandWinifred Sun 17-Jan-16 09:11:30

Anyone got one and 3DC? What do you think of it so far?

Which car seats do you have? We tried our Cabriofix and 2 Kiddy seats and they don't fit across the back seats, so I'm interested to know what does. Dc1 might be ok on the central booster in a year or so, but not yet and I'd rather not use the rear seats day to day.

I did love it to drive, but want to make sure the car seats will work before we break the bank!

poocatcherchampion Sun 17-Jan-16 09:13:19

We couldn't make it work with 3 car seats so got a galaxy. It's all fur coat and no trousers IMO. The galaxy is about twice the size inside.

WalterandWinifred Sun 17-Jan-16 11:28:06

Thanks. We haven't looked at a Galaxy. Did look at an S Max but can't quite get over its looks! Also could really do with 4x4 at home and driving abroad. I think we can make the XC90 work with the Volvo car seats but wondered if there were any other options.

poocatcherchampion Sun 17-Jan-16 16:01:34

What ages are the children? Are you putting the infant carrier in the middle? I am sure it is possiblebut you might have to buy new car seats (not actually that expensive compared with buying a new car)

The quashqui (sp) 7 seated might be worth a look for 4x4 too?

WalterandWinifred Sun 17-Jan-16 17:21:47

They're currently 6, 4 and will have a newborn but I'm also interested in what those with older children have as we will ultimately need to fit 3 HBBs (eldest is on the small side). I'd rather have the infant seat at the side if at all possible -for convenience and also so that we can use the isofix base.

We've test driven the Qashqai in the past but I prefer the Volvo or Discovery. We have a 7 seat Hyundai Santa Fe now and def can't get 3 across the back in that.

AveEldon Sun 17-Jan-16 17:26:01

We had the old style XC90 and just used the central built in booster for our 5 year old
He was wedged between two baby seats (one FF, one RF)

The other option if you can turn off the airbag is to have the baby in the front and the two older ones in the back
Depends how much you drive with additional adults in the car

Suzietwo Sun 17-Jan-16 17:27:44

We've had 3 car seats without trouble and my 5 year old has used the central booster for about a year. But old style not new.

I love love love the xc90.

NotSoFancyNancy Sun 17-Jan-16 17:30:45

We have a Kia Sorento 7 seater with 3 car seats across middle row. An isofix infant carrier, britax 2 way elite forward facing and a britax maxway rearfacing. Works well and happy enough with 4wd etc.

poocatcherchampion Thu 21-Jan-16 19:01:21

We have that same combo in our galaxy Nancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now