BMW 2 series/S Max for twins and 3.5yo

(6 Posts)
Bre19 Sat 16-Jan-16 16:22:55

Hi all, we're in the hideous process of car shopping for something to transport our soon-to-arrive twins and 3.5yo. We're loving the BMW 2 series grand tourer but it's looking like a struggle to get 3 isofix in the back, S Max is looking surprisingly like a good option, and the audi A6 is also an option. I'm very much of the mindset that we find the car seats to fit the car we want rather than vice versa but my husband reckons there's just not that many car seats (slim or otherwise) out there! Please help me before I go totally mental!! All advice greatly appreciated...

AmyBecker Mon 18-Jan-16 14:31:57

The 2015 BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer does have 3 isofix child seat mounting points - one in the front and two in the second row.

The space inside the 2 series is great though, the second row can fit three child seats, plus they can slide and recline to improve passenger or boot space.

Don't know if you're buying new, but the BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer is around £9,500 cheaper than the A6 avant.

Might also want to look into the Peugeot 308 SW, it has three isofix child points. It costs £17,345 new, so it's a great cheaper option.

We've got a review of the 308 SW here if you want to look into it, bit.ly/1ZhRnwt

JellyBaby26 Mon 18-Jan-16 14:40:17

We just got a Citroen grand c4 Picasso where you can have three in the back and one in the front.

Although judging by your taste in nice cars this at not be for you!

The BMW I don't think would actually take 3 if two were in isofix seats. We tested it at the weekend and although we managed to get 3 across on belted installation the isofix points were slightly further towards the middle - quite a common problem we found!

Cars we got 3 in across the middle - VW touran, VW Sharan, Audi Q7, S-max, kia sportage, Renault grand scenic, Citroen grand c4 picasso, Toyota Verso...it's a lot of dull cars! We have friends with 3 across in the Merc GL and the Land rover discovery, the Discovery Sport might do too (we ruled this out without testing because we need 7 seats and with all 7 up the boot was way too small for the double buggy!)

Cars that didn't do it: Mitsubishi outlander, mitsubishi shogun, Merc C Class, Merc E Class, Fiat 500L MPW

NewBallsPlease00 Thu 21-Jan-16 21:17:16

For similar money discovery sport has 3 Iso points

NewBallsPlease00 Thu 21-Jan-16 21:18:09

Oh and the new x1 o think can too as opt extra

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now