Qashqai or MPV with 3 kids

(5 Posts)
Jardpomme28 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:01:42

I've test driven a Qashqai today and totally loved it but we have 3 kids and I wonder if I'm mad to consider it. Kids are 11, 9 and 6. Is the back of a Qashqai big enough for 3 growing kids? I've never been keen on the thoughts of an MPV but thinking maybe we should consider a Verso or S Max. But I can't get away from the fact that I really loved the Qashqai! Anyone any thoughts?

AmyBecker Mon 11-Jan-16 15:00:25

The Qashqai should have enough space for the kids but I guess if you’re keeping the car for a few years then by the time you move on to something else they’ll all be teenagers and a lot bigger.

If space is an issue, I’d try the X-Trail. it’s got a LOT more room inside it.

It’s quite similar enough to the Qashqai, but it actually drives a lot better. X-Trail feels more nimble despite being bigger.

The S-Max is great to drive and it's there's a good amount of space inside but the space in the third row of seats could be better

I've got the review of the X-Trail here, we gave it 4/5 which is a good score. bit.ly/1IYLjal

Jardpomme28 Mon 11-Jan-16 21:39:56

OK, will check out the X Trail, thanks for that. We've toyed with an S Max but it's bigger than we want really....

AmyBecker Mon 18-Jan-16 14:42:24

No worries, yeah the X-Trail is a bit more what you're going for when comparing to the Qashqai to be honest.

Good luck though and any questions, give me a shout smile

You'll get your 3 across the middle of a qashqai - it doesn't take 3 full car seats but it can do 2 plus a booster, and I'm guessing you might be one HBB and one booster. We have the Qashqai 2+ just now which is longer than the 5 seater, the X-trail is pretty much the same size (looked at it at the weekend) and also comes in a 7 seat version which might be useful for ferrying friends!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now