I'm going to need a bus!

(6 Posts)
Tanith Wed 02-Dec-15 10:13:33

I'm regretfully coming to accept that my 8 seater Previa is, at some point, going to need replacing. It, and it's predecessors, have served me well. If they had continued the 8 seater, I would not be here sad

I'm a childminder. So I need, I really do need, those 8 seats. And a big storage space for pushchairs and playgroup boxes. The Previa was perfect, as well as being reliable and safe.

Looks do not matter. I am not at all bothered if it looks like a van or a bus, I'm not all that worried if it's noisy - it'd have a job competing with 6 kids and "Sing Along Songs" grin
My priorities are number of seats -at least 8) - reliability and safety. Affordability is always a consideration.

So far, I've looked at the Viano (how much??! shock) the Tourneo and the Hyundai I800. Any thoughts? Does my dream car really exist, or am I better off biting the bullet and looking at minibuses?

lljkk Wed 02-Dec-15 10:54:41

Friend with 7 children loved her Torneo.

Tanith Wed 02-Dec-15 12:16:20

Thank you, that's good to know. Swinging over towards that one... smile

ValiantVelvet Thu 03-Dec-15 10:49:53

Does this help? smile

www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/recommended/best-7-seater-cars

Tanith Fri 04-Dec-15 17:04:33

Thank you, they are good, but all 7 seaters - I need at least 8 seats sad
Made me feel a little better about the Viano cost, though wink

Possibly a bit late, but don't go over 8 passenger seats! I inquired with the DVLA/VOSA about it and basically found that as soon as you go over the 8 seats it becomes a total, monumental pain in the ass smile You basically need to get a bus operators licence (I wish I was joking) which involves a lot of costs.

We're looking at the Tourneo custom, we technically only need 7 seats but 8 would be better and so many of the 7s barely have any boot space at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now