best time of year to buy a used car??

(7 Posts)
goinggrey1978 Sat 28-Nov-15 23:00:55

when is the best time of year to buy a used car??
going to the garage tomorrow to see what they've got plus the have discounts as its black Friday weekend, or are the January sales are better time to be looking??

specialsubject Sun 29-Nov-15 14:44:05

neither. You need to wait until the end of the month when dealers have targets to meet, or the two times a year when the new registrations come in (if people still care about those things). This makes the slightly older cars worth less.

also ask about demonstrators or one year old cars, both of which will have dropped £££££ in value from new.

specialsubject Sun 29-Nov-15 14:44:36

I suppose it is the end of the month!!

goinggrey1978 Sun 29-Nov-15 15:01:42

all good got a very good deal and exactly what i wanted, will be a week or 2 as they have sourced the car i want from up north and are going to service it once they get it!!

specialsubject Sun 29-Nov-15 15:02:40

impressive! Happy motoring!

sammysummer Thu 03-Dec-15 14:57:59

Oh, it`s great you`ve got a good deal! Don`t forget to check your used car through the Vehicle History Report website (I used vincheckup.com/ ) prior to purchase. It will let you know the previous owners, damages and accidents experienced, and other events and potential problems.

goinggrey1978 Thu 03-Dec-15 17:59:25

yes its already had the Vehicle History Report as i'm getting it from a main dealership, where i have got my previous 4 cars from and they have all been fine, picking it up next week, just got to ring my insurance company!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now