Talk to me about Volvo XC60's

(9 Posts)
Lunawolf Fri 27-Nov-15 21:21:26

We are looking at a few cars in this size range (BMW X3, Audi Q5, Disco Sport) however I keep coming back to the Volvo XC60. Only have DD1, so no need for anything bigger at present, just enough for riding gear/food shopping etc. We will be buying new.

Does anyone have one? What is the space like, particularly back seats and boot?

Lunawolf Sat 28-Nov-15 10:42:17

Bump!

fourlegstwolegs Thu 10-Dec-15 15:14:51

I test drove one last week and didn't like it. The X3 is much nicer to drive and the Disco Sport is better looking....

NKFell Fri 11-Dec-15 15:05:00

Possibly too late but my Mum has a Q5 and loves it, my Aunty has an XC60 and prefers my Mum's! The Volvo is longer nose to tail but has less legroom!

Lunawolf Mon 21-Dec-15 12:11:47

Thanks for the replies!

Still undecided confused

Now considering XC90, even though we don't really need 7 seats but like the size inside.

I've actually just been involved in a car accident which was not my fault (driver came around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road, straight into me at 40mph, both cars written off!). I'm very anxious driving at the moment so I'm hoping a bigger, higher up car will help!

Wasn't keen on the X3, but Q5 and Disco sport still in the running.

wonkylegs Sat 09-Jan-16 20:03:47

OP have you decided yet? We're looking at similar so wondered what you've gone for and why.

ScarlettDarling Sat 09-Jan-16 20:06:14

My best friend has one and she loves it to bits. I think it looks like an old man's car but it is very comfortable to be a passenger in.

AmyBecker Mon 11-Jan-16 14:18:16

The rear in the XC60 is fairly spacious and the boot isn't too bad either with 495 litres of space when the seats are up.

But if space is a main issue, I think it's the X3 you want. With the seats in place, you get about 550 litres of space with the X3. The XC60 is okay but it's not the best in its class.

Plus, If you're buying new, the X3 is usually around £31,227.

We gave it 5/5 in our review It probably just takes a while getting used to but it is a great car to drive. bit.ly/1OdIpxa

Lunawolf Sat 16-Jan-16 13:56:09

Ordered the XC60 yesterday! Electric silver, upgraded wheels and full safety pack. Liked the look of it, size inside very good, lots of standard equipment.

X3 - liked size, space in boot, but DH has a 3 series and it was identical inside. Not that it's a bad thing, just wanted a change.

Q5 - didn't feel as big inside, it's due to be upgraded this year to a new shape. Couldn't wait that long to order and ensure new model.

Disco sport - loved everything about it, apart from the running costs!

XC90 - loved too, just didn't need something that big.

Thanks everyone for the advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now