Replacing i3 with small luxury car

(11 Posts)
Ruggles Mon 02-Nov-15 14:41:28

Some advice please.

I am thinking of replacing my BMW i3 but am hooked on driving a small, luxury car. Any ideas or advice based on your own experiences?

TIA, Ruggles.

BikeRunSki Mon 02-Nov-15 14:46:29

A really well appointed Mini?
A1?

Ruggles Mon 02-Nov-15 14:49:47

Thanks, I've been in a good mini and really liked it. Have you experience of either of them?

AmyBecker Mon 02-Nov-15 14:56:54

Yeah i'd go for the likes of the Audi A3 Sportback, A1, Volvo V40 or the Mercedes A Class.

All depends on what you want most from the car really

Ruggles Mon 02-Nov-15 15:06:35

Thank you, off to look at all of those. Also seen the Mercedes GLA. Want a car that can handle rural roads, ferry around a couple of kids and is very safe. I don't want a big 4x4 but do like all of the trimmings. My i3 has been fab, but had a puncture and now worrying about the thin tyres and BMW assist.

AmyBecker Mon 02-Nov-15 15:58:09

Volvo V40 has a great safety rating, It's reliability is great too so doubt you'll run into many problems if that's your option.

I know someone who has it an they're driving from Wales to Liverpool all week and she's ran into no problems at all so far. I think it's definitely worth a look smile

Ruggles Mon 02-Nov-15 16:15:16

Thanks Amy, will def look at it as Telegraph give it a good write up. I like hearing about real people's experiences, so thank you. smile

BikeRunSki Mon 02-Nov-15 16:31:59

I had a Mini Cooper when they first came out (2002 , not 1962!) and loved it's compactness and power. Very nippy, great fun and a dream to park. We test drove a Cooper works edition, but cost and sense got the better of us!

I have no experience of an A1.

AmyBecker Wed 04-Nov-15 10:58:47

Yeah i'm exactly the same, Good look with it though! grin

Just a tip, I do look at user reviews on what car. But also like to look around and find as much info as I can on the car! Basically like reviews, buyers guides. Stuff like this actually really helps.

Found one you might want to take a look at: bit.ly/1iCI77y

Ruggles Mon 09-Nov-15 11:56:15

Thanks Amy. So exciting doing all this research!

Buttercup27 Mon 09-Nov-15 12:02:36

I would be a bit wary about which mini you look at if you want a small car.
I parked in between 2 different minis in the supermarket the other day and they were both longer and taller than my car. I drive an a4 estate !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now