4x4 7 seater??

(15 Posts)
bluewisteria Sun 18-Oct-15 17:34:05

With room for 3 large car seats in second row and adults to fit comfortably in the 3rd row.

Are my only choices Discovery or Volvo xc90?

We live fairly rurally hence 4x4, but really it is also for the visibility. Any suggestions very welcome, even non 4x4's.

VocationalGoat Sun 18-Oct-15 17:37:37

Qashqai...love it!

bluewisteria Sun 18-Oct-15 19:27:07

Can you tell me why? Just trying to assess which to test drive.

poocatcherchampion Sun 18-Oct-15 19:29:08

The only one I would consider is the disco

The Volvo is tiny inside and my friend has just got rid of the quashqai for the same reason - that one is particularly bad for the 3rd row seats.

We got a galaxy - needed space over 4x4

Wandastartup Sun 18-Oct-15 19:30:54

Toyota landcruiser. We loved ours it new model was too expensive for ussad

AmyBecker Tue 20-Oct-15 09:41:24

Should definitely give the Ford Galaxy or Vauxhall Zafira Tourer a go, we found both incredibly practical. Both have flexible seating and storage which is what you're looking for.

But if you're still struggling, might be worth looking at the likes of these: bit.ly/1GnvkAU

WillSomebodyThinkOfStefan Tue 20-Oct-15 09:43:07

I've got the discovery sport - you can fit two adults in the back, but I probably would want to be in ther for long journeys.

Maki79 Tue 20-Oct-15 09:46:37

We have a Volvo xc90, it's big inside!! Good boot space even when all 7 seats in action.

Don't get the 2006 model though as it comes with transmission problems (bitter experience). Apart from that we love it! Quite Luxurious inside, plus lpg makes it economical.
There's also the option to turn the middle middle row seat into a booster seat, so less car seats for us to lug around.

bluewisteria Thu 22-Oct-15 18:17:57

Thanks everyone, will definitely check out the recommendations.

So 3 large car seats definitely fit across the back of Volvo XC90? I was worried the middle seat looked too narrow to support one?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Thu 22-Oct-15 18:20:26

A Mercedes GL or GLS - can't remember which one - is also an option. We went to look at one last week. It is a tank but had the nicest interior of any others we saw.

We have the Qashqai 2+ - the back seats are no fun for an adult. You can't get 3 proper car seats across the middle without major buckle crunch, best we can manage is 2 plus a booster (we own and have tried a huge amount of car seats and combos as DH is a childminder)

Just been looking at 7 seaters today actually, the Galaxy and the VW Sharan were both very impressive and I was easily able to hop in the back of both (and sit!) and both had 3 isofix points in the middle row. We looked at the Discovery SPort but the boot was far too small for us with all seats up, wouldn't have been able to get the buggy in (baby jogger city mini) although the proper Discovery would have been fine.

Friend has the Merc GL (might have another letter after it!) mentioned above and lives in the sticks.

The Citroen C4 Grand Picasso is on our list to check out too.

Tidypidy Sat 24-Oct-15 21:36:36

We had a Disco 3 for nearly a year. In that time it had a new clutch, new alternator, boot wouldn't open then wouldn't shut again!, the electrics went completely weird with lights flashing all over the dash then suddenly went back to normal, the handbrake warning light came on repeatedly, the suspension went into limp home mode. I could go on! I wouldn't touch another one with a barge pole! Have heard good things about the Discovery 4 and the BMW X5. I've now got a grand scenic and love it!

flossietoot Sat 24-Oct-15 21:41:22

Chrysler Grand Voyager. I have replaced mine now with a new VW Toureg 4x4, which is nicer to drive, however, for the kids, the voyager is unbeatable!! Never had an issue with it, amazing for long journeys, and seats really comfy. I only sold it as it had 110k on the clock and husband got the VW through work.

Murloc Sat 24-Oct-15 21:45:09

Discovery 4. Steer clear of the 3 (they fall apart) but the 4 is fab. Doesn't feel too big to drive either, which I was quite worried about.

NotSoFancyNancy Sat 24-Oct-15 21:47:36

Kia sorrento newest model has a fairly big second row and decent third and seems to be rated fairly highly. 7 year warranty too. Cheap to tax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now