Cars with the biggest back seats not 7 seater

(8 Posts)
Kutsy Fri 07-Aug-15 00:03:14

Hi there. I hope you can help. I need to be able to transport 3 adults and 2 children in car seats on a fairly regular basis ( so myself, kids and grandparents)and am hoping to not buy a big seven seater. So my question is which car has the widest back row seats? I need to fit a very bulky cybex sirona and a high back booster ( probably maxi cosi rodi air protect) in the back and squeeze a slim adult in between for short to medium journeys. Is this even possible or should I just go back to looking at mpv's? Your experiences and thoughts would be appreciated!

VicklePickle Fri 07-Aug-15 14:39:12

Have you looked a Citroen C5 estate?

AliceMum09 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:17:37

How about something like a Renault Scenic or Citroen C4? Both these cars also come in 7 seat 'Grand' versions (which are often recommended for fitting 3 child seats in) but I expect that the middle row seats in the 5 seaters will be the same. I've never owned a Ford, but I think there is a C-Max that has 5 seats.

The thing you need is 3 separate seats in the back, not one long bench. I think all the cars above have 3 seats.

AliceMum09 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:20:40

Also, if there are three separate seats they slide back and forth like your front seats do.

So you could potentially fit the Sirona at one side with the high backed booster in the middle next to it by sliding the middle seat forward. This would let the adult get into the car easily (not having to climb past a car seat into the middle) and also give them more shoulder room if the middle seat was further forward.

serislou Sun 09-Aug-15 20:25:56

Honda FRV. It was the widest car we could find which didn't feel like a people carrier. Also has a third seat in the front row which folds down and has a cup holder on the top. I hated having a seven seater and this was the best alternative we could find.

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Aug-15 20:32:58

We have friends who have a Volvo XC90 for similar reasons, but it is maasaasssive!

Kutsy Wed 12-Aug-15 13:08:21

Thanks everyone and Alice Mum! Your suggestions were helpful and we went to see the c4 Picasso. Actually love the grand Picasso and it's only a bit bigger so might go for that! Thanks again!

AliceMum09 Wed 12-Aug-15 13:54:27

Great! The C4 Grand Picasso is basically the same car 'underneath' as my Peugeot 5008, I know it has the same seats inside and we really like our car. It easily fits 3 child seats, or two and an adult, and there is lots of legroom in the boot seats. For a child you don't have to slide the middle row forward at all, and you'd only have to slide the middle row a little bit to get an adult in the very back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now