I need a new car

(32 Posts)
Theselittlelightsaremine Sun 05-Jul-15 17:56:45

I really need a new car but I can't think of anything that fits my requirements.

I need plenty of room.
7 seats but will be using 5 more often.
Must have hands free Bluetooth thing for mobile calls.
be easy to park.
Higher up than a normal car.
Boot space is a must for scooters/dog.

Have just read this back and I can only think of a Land Rover Discovery but don't have the budget sad

Does anyone have a Chrysler?

Groovee Sun 05-Jul-15 18:01:07

We hired a people carrier last week and had a Seat Alahambra. It was a dream to drive, had blue tooth, we found the boot perfect for the 6 of us and depth was good too. It was really economical on fuel. We did about 800 miles and only filled up once from the original tank which was about 3/4 full.

I loved the sliding doors for the back and it didn't feel too big to drive.

totallybewildered Sun 05-Jul-15 18:02:36

I am quite interested in why people need cars. Are you in an area with no public transport?

Theselittlelightsaremine Sun 05-Jul-15 18:10:14

Due to my disability I need a car and public transport round here is rubbish (countryside).

LIZS Sun 05-Jul-15 18:11:44

The new Zafira has a longer option so you have some boot even with all seats up and is higher than normal cars.

butmumineedit Sun 05-Jul-15 18:24:21

We have a Citreon C4 grand Picasso and it fits your criteria, ours is a diesel and I find it quite economical to run

Groovee Sun 05-Jul-15 18:28:04

Totally, I have mobility issues and I need a car to get too and from work as I struggle to walk more than 50m to the bus stop.

We hired a bigger car for our holiday as my mum and dad came with us and my dad has mobility problems too.

poocatcherchampion Sun 05-Jul-15 18:29:37

We have a galaxy that fits that description.

Lol at why do you need cars!! A: to get places.

tasteslikechicken Sun 05-Jul-15 18:34:47

Dont panic about a car with Bluetooth, just buy a Bluetooth ear piece and sync it to your phone. Also means passengers cant/dont have to listen to the incoming call. I think the citroen mentioned up thread is a good shout. What's your budget?

penisland Sun 05-Jul-15 20:22:17

I am quite interested in why people need cars. Are you in an area with no public transport?

Not really any of your business is it?

littleblackno Sun 05-Jul-15 20:26:34

I have to have a car for work- it's in my contract- I must have pmt or something but that post has really pissed me off.
sorry, not really helpful to your quest for a car!

Theselittlelightsaremine Sun 05-Jul-15 20:29:05

Not sure about budget around £150 - £200 a month for the right car new or second hand but hopefully be under 5 years old.

totallybewildered Sun 05-Jul-15 20:32:04

Not really any of your business is it?

Yes it is, very much so, in a world where the rich are totally destroying the environment that we all share, many of whom are driving around in cars they don't need, purely because they feel entitled to live in luxury at the expense of everyone and everything else..........

( not you op, I am not speaking to any particular individual, just an overall question, why do people feel they need cars?)

BitterChocolate Sun 05-Jul-15 20:34:32

How about a Qashqai+2? Qashqais are very popular around here (although I'm not sure that I could ever own a car that I can't spell, seriously I looked it up and still misspelled it, twice).

WorktoLive Sun 05-Jul-15 20:36:12

We have one bus an hour from our village to the nearest city 5 miles away and it is late more often than not. Outside London and a few other big cities, a car is the only practical mode of transport a lot of the time.

It would take me about 2 hours to go to work by bus and cost a fortune. I can drive it in 20-30 minutes.

I have to transport heavy sports equipment or work equipment.

Having a car allows me to shop at Aldi, which would be impossible on public transport.

A 3 year old car might be a good compromise on the cost front and the Seat Alhambra (or Galaxy or VW Sharan) sounds like a good choice.

Why is someone who is clearly anti-car posting in the car section

lljkk Sun 05-Jul-15 20:45:17

Sorry, what does £200/month equal on finance in total purchase price?
Does a warranty matter to you, diesel or petrol, what mileage do you want on it?

Bluetooth buttons on steering column are a pain, I agree that a plug-in just as good.

lljkk Sun 05-Jul-15 20:46:30

@ totallybewildered: I'm happy to answer on another thread, but not fair I think to discourse at length on this thread.

penisland Sun 05-Jul-15 20:55:02

Yes it is, very much so, in a world where the rich are totally destroying the environment that we all share, many of whom are driving around in cars they don't need, purely because they feel entitled to live in luxury at the expense of everyone and everything else..........

Hilarious! I have a fleet of cars, all high performance with large petrol engines. I need them mainly to hoon around the countryside. Fuck the environment and fuck the lentil weaving, tree hugging cunts.

totallybewildered Sun 05-Jul-15 21:32:53

Hilarious! I have a fleet of cars, all high performance with large petrol engines. I need them mainly to hoon around the countryside. Fuck the environment and fuck the lentil weaving, tree hugging cunts

... exactly the attitude which will sooner or later make transport and petrol rationing inevitable, sadly there is likely to be horrendous, and irreversible damage before then.

lljkk Sun 05-Jul-15 21:47:31

I think pl might be a joke post, tb.

penisland Sun 05-Jul-15 21:54:36

I think pl might be a joke post

I'm deadly serious. Annually I spend £6-8k on fuel just for hooning around and driving for the sake of driving, that excludes normal car use for communting, getting from A to B etc. I take serious fucking exception to tree hugging lefties bitching and moaning about people owning and driving cars. If you don't like it then fuck off to North Korea. I'll drive whatever fucking cars I choose to and wherever the fuck I choose to.

Magicalmrmistofeles Sun 05-Jul-15 22:06:26

Ignoring the other stuff.. Zafira? I love minesmile

Theselittlelightsaremine Sun 05-Jul-15 22:08:33

I test drove a Zafira but did not really like it.

I'm really not 100% sure on budget but around the 15K mark max I would of thought.

LastOneDancing Mon 06-Jul-15 08:06:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

tasteslikechicken Mon 06-Jul-15 11:52:28

Op, i take back my citroen endorsement, i spoke to my company car suppliers. They said after sales and warranty are dreadful, thats why they never give them to my staff.
A qashqai+2 is a reliable car, might be a squeeze tho.
You could buy a 5 yr old one, average miles (10-12k p.a.) for around £9k. Tesco finance for £9k over four years £200 a month.

Your welcome:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now