Short driver, what's the best car?

(5 Posts)
Assumptaann Thu 18-Jun-15 09:39:36

Hi dd has just passed her test, first go! She is looking for her first car with a little help from us. The problem is that she is quite short, 4'11". She learned in a small Peugeot, and to reach the clutch was ok, but I was wondering does anyone know of any other first car that may be suitable for the slightly shorter person? Thank you.

penisland Thu 18-Jun-15 13:49:17

Might be a good idea to visit a car supermarket so she can sit in a variety of cars then make a shortlist that way.

Damnautocorrect Thu 18-Jun-15 14:35:32

Volkswagen (inc seat, skoda and audi), renault, Toyota, and Citroen are generally good. Beware the base models sometimes don't have height adjusters so that's something to bare in mind, as I find that key.

for future reference the audi R8 is a great sports car for the shorter driver.

ApplesTheHare Thu 18-Jun-15 14:49:27

A VW Fox is nippy and great for shorter legs as no cumbersome steering column to repeatedly whack your shins on while extending your legs to reach the pedals. I'm also 4 11 and it's the best car I've driven for my height. Also small and cheap to run/insure so great for younger drivers.

Assumptaann Sat 20-Jun-15 11:45:47

Brilliant, thank you for all your information.

Yes, the fox is on our list. And we plan on going to car supermarket, to try some out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now