Seat Alhambra 2015 - question

(10 Posts)
vvv1 Tue 09-Jun-15 12:00:46

I just ordered the new Alhambra (facelift version) but the dealer can't tell me whether it has an interior mirror to supervise the children in the back seat. In the previous model (non-facelift), it came as an optional, but now it was no longer optional (and not mentioned anywhere). Does anybody know if it's standard equipment now, or they just removed it altogether? (i really hope it's the former) smile

penisland Tue 09-Jun-15 21:22:58

Can't help with the answer but there's no way I'd be ordering a car from such a disinterested dealership.

WMittens Tue 09-Jun-15 22:47:21

It can't be that difficult to buy an aftermarket mirror - about £12.50 on Amazon. What's a manufacturer going to charge (if available)? £120?

Don't lose sleep over it.

WMittens Tue 09-Jun-15 22:48:01

£4.78 from eBay, posted.

vvv1 Wed 10-Jun-15 10:27:23

@pen_island, actually the dealer is not disinterested. It's a new model, they just started selling here, so they simply don't know. I'm from Romania, not UK, and the sales of MPVs here are fairly abysmal so they don't typically have them on stock. To get an idea... I actually wanted to buy a Renault Espace, but couldn't get Renault to make me an offer, any offer. They simply don't want to sell it here, "too complicated" I guess.

@WMittens - Thanks for the idea smile . Do you have a link? I'm curious what you found. The ones I managed to find on eBay seemed to be fixed, wide-angle mirrors. Not bad, but not as good as the integrated one. I have a Renault Grand Scenic now, and the children mirror is nicely integrated, it can fold up into the ceiling when not used, and can be rotated along 2 axes so that you have a good view of whatever angle you want. I was hoping for something similar from SEAT. (the price was 33EUR+VAT by the way... in a 35K car, that's not a material price increase smile ).

vvv1 Wed 10-Jun-15 11:15:20

I found a few options on Amazon. Not as good as the built-in one from Renault, but fairly decent. And now that they'll have more space in the back (plus they grow up and hopefully get wiser), maybe we'll have less fights & less need for that mirror anyway smile

Millymollymama Wed 10-Jun-15 11:47:02

The car magazines say MPV sales are dwindling so bringing the Renault Espace here was not seen as a viable option by Renault. I see far fewer MPVs about these days mainly because the boot space is usually poor and they are very van-like to drive. For £35,000 a Seat would not be top of my wish list! Far better to have a decent estate car or 4x4. The new Discovery would be far more desirable and have better residuals.

How do we all manage with rotating mirrors?

vvv1 Wed 10-Jun-15 14:47:16

Euro, not pounds - i.e. about £25,000. But the boot space is quite enough in an Alhambra or Grand Espace. And actually, the reason I looked specifically for an MPV is that all estate cars that I saw (and a few MPVs, actually) have an armrest instead of a middle seat (i.e they are "optimized" for 4 persons, not 5). I have 3 kids and take them on very long trips, 3 equal chairs on the middle row was a non-negotiable condition.. otherwise, I could've just kept the existing Grand Scenic, it was certainly the cheapest option, and the car still works fine.

Iwillorderthefood Mon 15-Jun-15 21:49:26

Just had a hit car 15 plate, I did not notice a family viewing mirror.

Iwillorderthefood Mon 15-Jun-15 21:51:00

*hire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now