Advanced search

Leaking radiator, radweld?

(4 Posts)
Tournesol Wed 11-Feb-15 12:57:26

My ancient citroen Picasso has got a bad leak and coolant is disappearing fast. We first had this problem a year ago and the AA came out after it blew up. They popped in some radweld and that fixed it.

When I took it to the garage they said it would cost hundreds to fix properly and recommended just limping on with radweld.

Anyway it is now a year later and leaking really fast. I have bought some more radweld but not used it yet. I was going to do a long drive during half term and am now thinking it is a really bad idea.

We are planning on getting a new second hand car soon but just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to get my car through next few weeks and if the radweld will last me a long car journey?

richthegreatcornholio Wed 11-Feb-15 13:58:55

Difficult to say. Personally I wouldn't want to trust radweld. How big is the leak and what exactly is leaking?

Tournesol Wed 11-Feb-15 14:52:26

Not sure where the leak is but it has clearly got lots worse over the last year as it now drains of water/coolant in a week! Whereas with the previous problem it took months until the coolant was actually empty.

Think I will have to try the radweld as need the car but will avoid doing the long drive (three hours in the coach with three children instead!).

richthegreatcornholio Wed 11-Feb-15 15:55:02

It may be fine of course, but how will you feel if it expires in the middle of your long journey? The coach maybe a bit rubbish but at least you won't have the worry hanging over you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now