Talk

Advanced search

Medium Car Small Engine

(5 Posts)
AprilShowers15 Fri 16-Jan-15 16:00:37

I passed my driving test!! Didn't think I would but I did!

Now looking for a car that will fit our bugaboo cameleon in the boot. I have looked at the fiesta but it looks busy inside with all the buttons for the radio.
Want something cheap to run and tax.
My budget is £9000 and would quite like something reasonably new 61+
Would love a fiat 500 but just not practical:-(

TheFairyCaravan Fri 16-Jan-15 16:17:34

Are you looking for a small engine because you think the insurance will be cheaper? This isn't always the case. Insurance groups are really odd and there seems to be no logical reason to the price they charge to me. (I've recently spent hours and hours trawling through sites for both my kids). For example, it was more money for DS1(20) to insure a 1.6 Citroen C2, than a 2.0 318 BMW!

I would go for a VW Golf 1.4. I love my Golf, it's a 1.6 BlueMotion Diesel. Its controls are all simply laid out, they are slightly titled to the driver so easy to see, and it's spacious without being massive.

richthegreatcornholio Sat 17-Jan-15 19:58:57

For example, it was more money for DS1(20) to insure a 1.6 Citroen C2, than a 2.0 318 BMW

Hardly surprising, the C2 is noticeably quicker than a 318i and they have very similar power outputs. The C2 is also more likely to be driven by young lads where as a 318i is more likely to be driven by salesmen. OP I would suggest looking at something from the far east.

inabeautifulplace Sat 17-Jan-15 20:02:37

Honda Civic 1.4? Quite wide but not massively long. Enormous boot.

richthegreatcornholio Sat 17-Jan-15 20:16:43

Honda Civic 1.4? Quite wide but not massively long. Enormous boot

That would be right at the top of my list

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: