Should I learn to drive?

(5 Posts)
jbar345 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:53:14

Sorry for the bluntness of the question, but Ive recently been made redundant and im looking for a new job. it looks like im going to need a driving licence to give myslef the best chance of getting one. does anyone know how hard it is? or have any tips?

margaritasroastingbyanopenfire Mon 22-Dec-14 14:56:39

I did it and I was terrified. It took me three goes but I am really glad I did it. Some pass first time. It might be you.

themadnessthatisme Mon 22-Dec-14 14:57:56

You definitely should. I learnt this year and it's the best thing I've ever done. I've just had a scoot around and found this digital mag which seems to be a pretty good place to start if you're interested in learning.

www.firstcar.co.uk/prov

jbar345 Mon 22-Dec-14 15:00:47

thanks for the replies. im going to give it a go (ive got too really). hopefully ill be able to tell you how it went.

bilbodog Mon 22-Dec-14 15:47:56

I think in this day and age it is vital to be able to drive - unless you can't for some medical reason - it is very expensive though. My son took ages to learn and, on reflection, I wish we have paid up-front for an intensive course as I think he would have learned much quicker and been more confident. Dragging it out over many months didn't help much. Also if you have your own car and someone you know can take you out in it once you have learned the basics that helps with the cost and lets you get in lots of practice so should make it all quicker. Very good luck to you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now