Car written off, help me choose replacement please.

(5 Posts)
thepiedpiper Tue 18-Nov-14 14:48:14

I would like something in the 0-£30 tax bracket. Up to group 10 insurance, over 50 MPG, reasonable boot space, 3 seat belts in the back, reliable, comfy for long motorway/ A road journeys as I won't use it everyday but maybe once a month on a long journey and under £5500 please.

Which car do you have that would fit these requirements, I have spent hours wandering around the garages and thought I might like a VW polo, but not sure if it has enough umph for motorway driving.

All replies gratefully received. Thank you.

dirkdiggler1 Tue 18-Nov-14 16:27:12

Have a look at some of the Korean brands like Hyundai and Kia. I wouldn't get hung up on the tax bracket as it represents such a tiny proportion of the overall cost of ownership. How many miles a year do you do? Judging by your usage type I would think that you would be best with a petrol engine.

dirkdiggler1 Tue 18-Nov-14 16:33:20

£5.5k would get you a 4 year old 18k mile Kia Cee'd 1.4 petrol with the balance of the 7 year warranty remaining. Should be cheap motoring!

thepiedpiper Fri 21-Nov-14 19:40:49

Hi Dirkdigger, I have been looking online, but can't find anything with 18k mile on for that money, where are you looking please?

dirkdiggler1 Sat 22-Nov-14 09:13:13

That was just one example I found on the approved used Kia website

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now