car seats in a ford galaxy

(6 Posts)
butteriesplease Mon 17-Nov-14 13:18:14

so we have a galaxy and three kids. Currently we have our 22month old at the outside seat, the 7yo in the middle and 10yo at the other side (only use the middle row of seats). But, 7yo is now quite tall, so needs head rest, so it really reduces vision out of the back window.

Would it be safe to put ds3 in the middle? The seat belt is one of those ones that comes down from the roof, clips in at one side to join on to the other bit of seat belt (hope that makes sense!).

I gather that the middle seat is safest, but not sure about the seat belt issue. It is a three point thingy, not a lap strap, just with an extra clip bit.

TIA.

juneybean Mon 17-Nov-14 13:20:07

I think the seat belt is fine as presumably they're in a stage 1 seat? So the seatbelt is securing their car seat.

poorbuthappy Mon 17-Nov-14 13:20:19

Which seat is your 22 month in?
We have 3 in the middle row of our galaxy, the twins are behind the driver and in the middle, in the big booster seats still with 5 point harness, and 10 year old on end (no seat at all)

butteriesplease Mon 17-Nov-14 13:47:56

hi guys, 22month old is in a maxi-cosi stage 1 (I think, it's certainly the one up from the baby carrier). DS2 is on a booster, and DS3 doesn't need a booster anymore.
yes, the car seat belt secures the maxi-cosi, we don't have isofix.

so, think is safe to put littlest in the middle then?

AliceMum09 Mon 17-Nov-14 18:09:44

Totally safe. At the moment the oldest of my 3 (9 year old DS) is in the middle of our car but on many occasions in the past I have fitted a Group 1 seat with the seatbelt on that seat. Our middle seatbelt is the same as yours, with a buckle either side.

I can't put my youngest (2 1/2 year old) in the middle as her rear facing seat won't fit there.

butteriesplease Tue 18-Nov-14 12:13:11

thanks all. DS3's car seat fits in the middle fine (it's forward facing) and i can now see out of the rear windscreen! Just a bit more fiddly to get him into it, but he quite likes having a brother on either side of him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now