Renault Grand Scenic-any thoughts?!

(13 Posts)
rollonthesummer Sun 02-Nov-14 13:27:03

I'm looking at one of these and was wondering if anyone had any good/bad points that might be helpful? I'd like to know aboutcomfort/space for children/visibility (blind spot issues in my Zafira), reliability/parts costs/features?

Many thanks in advance!

ArkhamOffett Sun 02-Nov-14 13:32:51

Renault electrics are notoriously crap and expensive to keep fixing, so if it's a second hand car I would avoid.

MrsMot Sun 02-Nov-14 13:41:39

We had one a few years back. No problems with it, easy to drive - we had had a Zafira before and much preferred the Grand Scenic.
Seats in the back aren't huge, we needed something bigger to put teens in so now have a VW Sharan.

rollonthesummer Sun 02-Nov-14 14:24:50

The seats in the 'back back' of the Zafira aren't big either-were the Scenic's ones similar? When we first got it, the kids argued to sit there and now they are argue about who doesn't have to sit there! When we go out with family and need all the seats, DH tends to drive and I sit in the back back with my youngest! I'm short-so fit ok, but the older children say they feel sick back there!

PenelopeGarciasCrazyHair Sun 02-Nov-14 14:41:20

Mine has three separate dents in the back bumper, two of which I did reversing into parked cars due to crap rear visibility! Get parking sensors if you get one. Also the back seats are not full size, fine for 8yo but not much bigger. It doesn't leave much boot space with all the seats up either.

Otherwise I like it, boot is a good size with 5 seats and massive with all seats down, so I like the flexibility. Mines a diesel and pretty good on fuel too.

rollonthesummer Mon 03-Nov-14 17:49:50

Thank you for the replies. I am really keen but have been searching them on here and there seem to be lots of people who are anti-Renault and who wouldn't touch them again with a bargepole! Have you found them expensive!?

youbethemummylion Mon 03-Nov-14 17:55:28

Renaults are very very unreliable you will constantly have your hand in your pocket for this that and the other, I speak from experience and would strongly recommend you don't get one.

ihatethecold Mon 03-Nov-14 18:10:00

Everyone I know who has had one said never again.
Unreliable and a money pit.

SweepTheHalls Mon 03-Nov-14 18:13:01

We considered it, but found the Citroen grand Picasso much more spacious.

douchbag Mon 03-Nov-14 18:21:43

Had one and never again , mine set on fire on the motorway shock

rollonthesummer Mon 03-Nov-14 19:45:15

Oh no! Does nobody in the world like their Renault? sad

ReallyTired Mon 03-Nov-14 19:49:32

No! Renault are truely pants for reliablity. The servicing costs are not too bad though. The electrics are pants and the engine is pants.

We still have a Renault Grand Scenic for some stupid reason. The only advantage is that it comfortable inside and the back seats in the boot are more comfortable than a Zafira back seat.

What are Citroens like for relialbiliy?

fruitpastille Mon 03-Nov-14 21:19:17

We are very happy with our second hand one but had it less than 2 years. We don't use the folded down seats often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now