Insurance after prang

(3 Posts)
MilestoneMum Thu 01-May-14 12:53:14

I reversed into someone in a car park 2.5 years ago and now my insurance is high. All the big comparison sites ask if there has been an incident in the last 3 or 5 years so is there anywhere else I can search for a more competitive deal?

sleepyhead Thu 01-May-14 12:56:16

My experience (annoyingly with something that was in no way my fault and didn't even result in a claim) was that until you passed the 5 years point, saying "yes" to that question in an online quote situation invariably resulted in "we can't give you a quote online. Please phone our call centre."

I don't know how the call centre quotes would compare to online because I ended up sticking with my current insurer until it had passed. I suspect you'll have to phone around rather than do it online.

jaundicedoutlook Fri 02-May-14 23:07:41

Best bet is to use an old fashioned broker. Lots still around on the high street, and quite often cheaper than comparison sites. Downside is you usually need to physically go into the shop to transact...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now