Adopting + new car

(3 Posts)
99rebews Mon 31-Mar-14 17:12:14

Hi my husband and I are in the process of adoption, we will be getting 2or 3 children when we get matched. We currently have a Hyundai ix35 but don't think this will be big enough with potentially 3 under 8s and 2 dogs. Does any one have any good suggestions? We will be buying new and budget isn't too important. At the moment we are looking at ford smax, vauxhall Zaria and Peugeot 3008. Any others we should consider? Thanks

MsMischief Mon 31-Mar-14 17:20:46

I hated my Zafira but other people seem to like them. My pal has a Smax with 3 teens and seems to like it. I had a Cmax as a courtesy car and it was lovely to drive and economical. My other pal has a Volvo XC90 with 3 kids and a lab. Very nice but pricey and is a gas guzzler. I have a Quashqai +2 which was a compromise as we wanted 4x4 but couldn't afford an XC90. The rear seats aren't good for bigger kids but we figured we'd cross that bridge when we come to it. I used to have a Honda FRV (6 seats) but 7 seas is very useful. The quashqai struggles with 3 car seats in the middle row. I couldn't do it with 2 in high backed boosters.

vikinglights Mon 31-Mar-14 17:33:02

We had that hyundai as a hire car When ours broke down and we did manage to get three carseats in the back though it wasnt straight forward. It may have been easier if we had bought seats to fit the car rather than using what we had.
We currently have a old avensis verso and a Volvo v70 with integritet boosters for my 8 and 6 year old

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now