Reliable garages to get my car serviced at

(10 Posts)
jparry123 Wed 26-Mar-14 18:18:30

Hi ladies, I've just moved to Liverpool and my car needs a service! Has anyone got any recommendations? I've tried using Halfords and Kwik Fit before but I wasn't impressed with the service! Thanks in advance for your help x

zumo Thu 27-Mar-14 11:39:16

I know a man who comes to you, used him for the last 10 years, very honest and trust worthy, how can I send you his number do we have a PM system?

zumo Thu 27-Mar-14 11:42:48

Just sent you a PM

jparry123 Fri 28-Mar-14 04:50:06

Hi zumo thanks for sending me that info! I'll give him a ring but I've just found this website where you can compare prices for services and mots on the internet! It's called Dipstix just search for it on google or I think it was dipstix.co.uk and it comes up, it's really helpful and simple to use

zumo Fri 28-Mar-14 10:58:44

I did have a look but it only brings certain garages up, possibly ones who pay to be on it.
I use a local garage for MOTs as its nearby and hes not on it.

jparry123 Fri 28-Mar-14 15:59:51

I thought this but i spoke to someone that works there, they said their just in the process of signing up 700 new garages, im sure it'll be worth checking back in the coming weeks

WMittens Fri 28-Mar-14 20:33:56

Is it just me who thinks this sounds like an advert for the website?

What a coincidence that you've just moved to Liverpool, and the registered address of that company is also Liverpool.

jparry123 Sat 29-Mar-14 01:03:26

Sorry I didn't seem to make it look like an advert! It just came up when I searched for car servicing Liverpool that's how I found it

See if there is anything in Honest John's Good Garage Guide near you.

aahbisto Wed 02-Apr-14 14:04:08

Do i need to pay Dipstix commission etc? Seems like a good idea but would it be cheaper to go straight to the garage? Don't know much about cars so idk how these things work hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now