Astra Estate vs Passat Estate?

(3 Posts)
Jan13Blues Sat 23-Nov-13 19:03:41

Hi there - I am looking to upgrade my 1997 Astra Estate and would like to know whether to stick with the Astra (newer model!) or go for the Passat, which I have heard is a very reliable car. I have had very good service from the Astra, the only problem, with this old model and one I had previously, is that the windscreen blower doesn't clear the screen very well when it rains.

I'm hoping the newer models won't have this problem and wondered if anyone had experienced this? I'd like to stick with the Astra as otherwise I've been so pleased with them. Or should I just completely avoid the Passat? :-) Would love to hear from fans/haters of either!! Thanks x

jparry123 Wed 26-Mar-14 18:09:16

Personally I would go for the Passat! My sister-in-law has just bought one after changing from a Golf Plus and is extremely impressed! She said it feels so solid which I suppose is down to it being from Germany! I have an Audi A4 estate myself which I adore if you'd considered them?

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Wed 26-Mar-14 18:25:56

sorry to confuse and not answer your question but I wouldn't go for the passat I would go for an octavia estate.. Skoda want you to buy their cars so throw in alot of things that are add on's with other companies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now