Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Citroen C4? Do the rear doors freeze shut in the cold?

(3 Posts)
FireOverBabylon Mon 11-Mar-13 10:41:35

We got my mum's old (55) citroen C4 about 6 months ago. It's a lovely car to drive but mum forgot to mention that the back passenger doors freeze shut when it's very cold. It wasn't a problem for her; there were only two of them and they lived on the south coast. I'm on the East midlands with a 3 year old (who was banned from sitting in the front passenger seat when he grabbed the gearstick and put the car into neutral at 70 mph), so I need to find a solution to this to get the rear doors working.

If you've had a car where some of the doors freeze shut, how did you resolve this? We're parked on the road, and don't have a garage, and have tried spraying everything metal to do with the rear doors' mechanisms with WD40, but it hasn't worked. I'm just getting tired of having a 3 year old trample over the front passenger seat to get in the car, and having to grope around from the front seats to fasten him in.

TIA

jaik Tue 12-Mar-13 07:48:16

wipe some silicone grease over the door rubbers, halfords should stock it.

FireOverBabylon Tue 12-Mar-13 08:52:38

Thanks. It wasn't frozen this morning, miraculously, so I gave the rubber a blitz with WD40 and I'll have a look for silicone grease.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: