hyundai i10 or second hand polo?

(7 Posts)
LegoStuckinMyhoover Sun 02-Oct-11 10:30:32

i dont know what to do. am possibly thinking about a new car, the brand new hyundai i10 is the same price as 1 or 2 year old polo. do i go for vw [apparently reliable] or hyundai [cheap and brand new]? help!!
anyone got a hyundai i10? how has it been?
thanks.

hifi Sun 02-Oct-11 11:13:50

ive just swapped my polo,had to ram the buggy in the boot then shopping in the back seat. mine was a 1.4 and very little power, a bugger on the motorway.mine was brand new and the power steering went twice in the first 2 weeks. how many dc do you have ?

LegoStuckinMyhoover Sun 02-Oct-11 20:18:29

thanks hifi, i think im rapidly going off the Polo idea. ive got 2 kids, but i dont mind how squashed in we are-i just want value and reliability!!?

has anyone got experience of owning an i10 i wonder? or i20?

emma0134 Mon 03-Oct-11 23:28:07

never owned a i10 but owned a 4 x4 Hyundai, excellent cars, very reliable, buy a one year old one save yourself loads of money

RD250DX Sun 16-Oct-11 20:08:33

Hyundai i10 anytime. Buy nearly-new ex demo if poss.

bloodymumps Sun 16-Oct-11 20:14:10

I have an i10, it's brilliant. Had it for two years from new and no problems at all with it! And don't forget the road tax is much lower- £30 per year.

Conversely exDH had a polo and it wasn't that reliable.

malinois Sun 16-Oct-11 20:20:05

The supposed reliability of VWs is one of the most impressive marketing scams ever pulled by any company anywhere.

Much as it pains me to say, I would go with the Hyundai. Although a Fiesta would be a much nicer car, and just as reliable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now