Anyone with a Xsara Picasso able to measure the boot for me?

(10 Posts)
LaTristesse Wed 03-Aug-11 22:32:43

I need to buy a new car which will accommodate a Britax Dual (tandem buggy) in the boot and am considering a Xsara Picasso on eBay. It's a dealership and a fair drive away so want to be sure the boot space is big enough before I commit.
If you have one, would you mind terribly running a tape measure round it for me?
Oh, and would you recommend one?!
Thanks smile!

LesbianMummy1 Thu 04-Aug-11 09:24:47

Hi it's pouring with rain here so won't be able to check just yet as not going out till later but in my bout at the moment are two side by side double pushchairs two single pushchairs three car seats so I would say should definitely be big enough.

My picasso has been great for last three years particularly good if you need to fit various types of car seats across back. I childmind so change car seats regularly and can always fit three across back the outside two can be isofix as well

LaTristesse Thu 04-Aug-11 10:58:22

Top info, thank you! I think I'm sold... do you find it pretty economical?

LesbianMummy1 Thu 04-Aug-11 11:03:54

I do find mine fairly good but it is a diesel so probably makes a difference. My favourite parts are the digital speedo, the digital fuel Gage and the fact the airbag can be turned on and off. I do lot's of short journeys and £20 a week is about my average fuel consumption but often this is for 100 journeys a week in a densely populated city so lot's of traffic jams etc. If I do a longer journey which the car seems to love I can make the diesel last a lot longer.

LaTristesse Thu 04-Aug-11 12:50:23

Again, brilliant! The car I'm eyeing up is a diesel too, so I think I may just go and buy it!
Thanks again! smile

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 04-Aug-11 13:00:44

We have one, but it is in work with DH at the moment so I can't measure the boot!

I love it, it is the second one that we have had. We have 3 DC and we can fit 3 car seats in the back with no problems, even when they were in baby/toddler seats. I had a huge tandem buggy and that fit in the boot and I could fit a weekly shop in with it. Now we go camping a lot and it fits pretty much everything in for a family of 5 to go away for a week (although we do have a small roof box as well).

Fuel consumption wise it is very efficient. We can do a 200 mile round trip on about £25 of diesel. Most of the time it is used for short journeys, we put in about £15 a week and it does around 70-100 miles. It is also cheaper road tax than some cars of the same size.

stressheaderic Thu 04-Aug-11 13:04:29

I have one too and love it - sorry, can't measure, DP has taken it to work today! Tax is cheaper than any other car I know, and insurance is reasonable.
The boot is massive - mine currently has a Silver Cross Linear pram, a Maclaren buggy, a Smart Trike and a small suitcase in. I think of it as an extension to my (very small) house!

LaTristesse Thu 04-Aug-11 16:22:16

Thanks ladies! I'm going to test drive on Saturday, so fingers crossed...

And good to know it fits 3 child seats in - that corresponds with my master plan (although don't tell DH!) grin

LaTristesse Sat 13-Aug-11 17:07:22

Just to say I have now taken custody of my Xsara Picasso and I love love love it! And yes there's vast amounts of space in the boot! smile

LesbianMummy1 Sun 14-Aug-11 21:07:39

Just seen this glad you love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now