which cars for 3 car seats

(8 Posts)
kbaby Sun 31-Jul-11 20:57:41

Hi

I've got 2 dc. We currently have a 7 seater, however having 7 seats is handy but we only use them all occasionally and its costing more to drive a big heavy car for no real reason.
The main thing I use the extra seats for is when the dc friends come over after school. So as long as I can fit 3 car seats in the back I won't need 7 seats.

Does anyone know which cars fit 3 car seats along the back.

Thanks

RuthChan Mon 01-Aug-11 00:29:00

The Citroen C4 Picasso does.

del1 Wed 03-Aug-11 20:45:13

I was going to post something like this.

I am due to have DC3 in the next few weeks. That will mean that we have 3 under 3's - so need something that will fit 3 young childrens car seats in the back.

I don't see the need for 7 seats either, but not sure we could fit the 3 car seats in the back of a ' normal' size car.

We've test drive a zafira, and c4 picasso so far.
Both have loads of space, and comfy. But not sure we need to spend all that money on a new car. Or like you said - spend the extra on fuel and road tax etc etc .....

herbietea Wed 03-Aug-11 20:49:21

Message withdrawn

Marne Wed 03-Aug-11 20:54:45

VW touran (the best by far if you can afford one), we have a xsara Picasso (oldish one) and tbh i hate it, it does the job but isnt the best drive and we have had a few problems with it. We have also had a Scenic, i didn't get to drive it as dh had a very nasty accident in it 2 days after we got it, dh said it was very nice to drive and it saved his life grin.

Cattleprod Wed 03-Aug-11 20:58:16

What about a Multipla - 3 seats in the front and 3 in the back and no longer than a normal car, just a bit wider?

kbaby Thu 04-Aug-11 22:14:33

Thanks for suggestions.

I had a scenic previously but it was so unreliable I was glad to get rid of it. It's strange because some of the mpvs I've looked at such as Peugeot have 3 seats in the back but the middle seat fits a small person but not a car seat.

moonstorm Thu 04-Aug-11 22:46:49

S-Max has been ideal for us. We're getting the back two seats removed for even more boot space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now