What do you drive if you have double buggy to go in the boot?

(8 Posts)
LaTristesse Fri 29-Jul-11 20:19:36

I need to get a double buggy (current fave is the Britax Dual), but I need a new car to put it in-currently have a Peugeot 206 which is nowhere near big enough... So what car fits a double buggy in the boot, 2 kids in the back and is reasonably economical? Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks smile

littledid Fri 29-Jul-11 23:26:31

We have a C4 picasso and can fit a double buggy in the boot (we also looked at the Britax and found we could easily fit it in). Once it's in there doesn't look as if there's a huge amount of space left for other things, but I am always surprised about how much you can squeeze in around it. I love the car and find it takes our two car seats yet still allows an adult to sit comfortably in the middle. In terms of being economical, if you mean driving costs, it is OK for the size of the vehicle and the fact we are constantly using it to ferry the kids around!

LakeFlyPie Fri 29-Jul-11 23:30:21

My Nipper 360 goes in boot of Ford Focus, does mean there's not much space for anything else but it goes in easily smile

It's very rare we need to put it in the car though so not a problem.

thisisyesterday Fri 29-Jul-11 23:33:06

we had a double mountain buggy in the back of a renault scenic and a volvo v70

the volvo is big enough to get any buggy in the history of the world into. it's vast.

thisisyesterday Fri 29-Jul-11 23:33:26

and it's more economical than the renault, or the ford focus we had before it

BikeRunSki Fri 29-Jul-11 23:42:03

1 friend with a 206 had a Nipper 360 double.
Another friend had a Fiesta and an M&P Twin Pulse.

LoopyLoopsTootyFroots Fri 29-Jul-11 23:43:55

Honda Jazz. Brilliant tardis of a small car. I have a Phil and Teds, but could easily fit something bigger. Love it.

DoesBuggerAll Fri 29-Jul-11 23:53:08

Get a Berlingo. We put a double buggy in the boot of ours and we don't even fold it. The boot in the Berlingo is VAST.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now