VW Touran or Renault Scenic?

(9 Posts)
bringinghomethebacon Mon 11-Jul-11 14:46:33

Anyone got experience of both? We currently have 2 children but need to frequently drive family members around and share school runs, and are planning a third in a few years time so would like a 7 seater, plus room for camping stuff. But we won't need the 7 seats all the time.

homeedmam11 Tue 12-Jul-11 12:41:27

VW is a much better make. Tourans are great, size is just right!

neolara Tue 12-Jul-11 12:45:27

We deliberated between the two. In the end we decided on a touran which we have been very happy with. One of the deciding factors was a visit from the AA when our old car broke down. The AA man said he thought the touran was more reliable than the Senic, and I reckoned he probably got to see a lot of broken down cars.

titchy Tue 12-Jul-11 13:10:38

Volkswagon anytime. Unless you fancy your Renault mechanic grin

(Scenic owner here angry)

twolittlemonkeys Tue 12-Jul-11 13:16:34

Avoid a Scenic like the plague (according to my mum's DP who's a mechanic). My friend who has one seems to spend a fortune getting hers fixed.

DiscoDaisy Tue 12-Jul-11 13:20:28

I have had my Grand Scenic for 5 yrs and the only time it has been to the garage has been for its mot and service.
I've never had to get anything fixed on it (touch wood).

bringinghomethebacon Tue 12-Jul-11 21:25:23

Hmm thanks all, food for thought, I had read bad reviews of the Scenic's reliability. We are getting a new one so it will be under warranty for a while so maybe not such an issue although we might keep it after the warranty runs out. I like the look and the storage space of the Scenic a bit better but the VW just seems a bit more sturdy and well made.

titchy Wed 13-Jul-11 09:50:30

bacon -all the warranty means is that they'll fix it for free (mostly - there will be exclusions). You're still stuck with a tiny little courtesy car while it's baing repaired!

SilkStalkings Sat 27-Aug-11 19:42:47

Know 2 families with Tourans, both love them. One has 3 kids in carseats and a pushchair and it fits them all in. Check you can actually fit 3 carseats/boosters across the middle row on the Scenic, you definitely can in a Touran.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now