Talk

Advanced search

Renault Meganes - Any good?

(8 Posts)
joymaker Fri 03-Jun-11 12:26:34

I've just seen a great value 2003 Renault Megane, though a few people have told me that they don't have great electrics?

Your experience and advice please.

BeerTricksPotter Fri 03-Jun-11 12:35:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

herbietea Fri 03-Jun-11 12:38:03

Message withdrawn

BeerTricksPotter Fri 03-Jun-11 12:41:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Fri 03-Jun-11 12:49:03

I have an 03 Megane, and as I type this I'm very frightened that I'm going to regret it but...
I've not had any major problems with it (yet)

It told me that I had a flat battery the other day though, and I didn't. Someone told me that could be the electrics playing silly buggers, so even though I love it more than a car should be loved, I'm keeping my eye out for a replacement.

<wishy washy reply>

whysolate Fri 03-Jun-11 12:50:37

Don't touch it!

We have a 2004 Scenic. It's the worst car I have ever had. Since we bought it (from Renault). Electric windows knackered, just had to have the entire dashboard replaced, numerous sensors. We have sspend about £2500 on it in the last 18 months. Put it in autotrader last month but not sold it! I hate it.

We also have a Citroen picasso. Not a nice looking as the Scenic but we've not had a single problem with it. HTH.

StayingDavidTennantsGirl Fri 03-Jun-11 12:53:11

Ds1 (who spends all his spare time on a car nuts' forum learning and imparting all manner of automotive wisdom) says do not touch with a bargepole.

He'd suggest a ford focus or vw golf.

joymaker Fri 03-Jun-11 13:11:44

Thank you all so much! You've made up my mind. I feared I was being seduced by the good price of £1300 with 77000 miles on the clock. If I'm possibly/likely not to be able to rest easy after buying it for me it's now a no goer.

I [heart] MNetters
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: