S-Max or Galaxy or Grand C-Max (for 3 DC)

(10 Posts)
Milliemuffin Tue 08-Mar-11 21:49:13

We currently have a nearly 4 year old boy, an 18 month old girl and we're expecting our third child in the summer.

We have a c-max but this will become my other half's car and we'll sell our old car to get a new bigger family car - for me to drive. It'll be a lease car but we can pretty much choose what we want to have. I'm only 5ft 4 so the Galaxy does scare me a little but if it's what people recommend then so be it.

We like Ford and we like the S-Max and the Galaxy and love the idea of the sliding doors on the new Grand-Cmax but how do you choose between them???

clarkey46 Tue 08-Mar-11 22:00:04

It depends what you want to do with it? I have has several people carriers and hybrids like the s max. I should think about how much luggae room you need. We camp so the bigger the better for us.
Dont be afraid of the size they are great to drive as you sit high in the seat.

Milliemuffin Tue 08-Mar-11 22:06:52

We've not camped yet but we do always holiday in this country so we do need a fair amount of space. I'm just not sure about driving a HUGE car around for the other 50 weeks of the year.

The one thing I've just discovered is that you only get two isofix points whereas I assumed in a 7 seater you'd get at least 3 if not 4!

Also, I'm not sure I want to sit high up? As old as my beaten up car is I like being close to the ground, feels somewhat safer for some reason.

DorisIsAPinkDragon Tue 08-Mar-11 22:09:00

I have Kia sedona (I know it's not on your list!) and the sliding doors is the best thing EVER. I Love love love my doors (especially as we have key fob opening )

We had the old cmax which I liked before our family expanded so my vote would be for the grand cmax.

I do use my extra seats on the ballet run but tbh wish they slide away a little more compactly than the lumps that they are in the sedona.

DorisIsAPinkDragon Tue 08-Mar-11 22:10:43

Honestly you do get used to driving a tank, give it a few weeks and it will be like any other car you've driven. But with slidy doors you'll have less worry in narrow spaces for door opening nightmares.

gruber Tue 08-Mar-11 22:13:48

Not the Sedona, terrible to drive (quite hard work) but very frugal petrol-wise. If you're set on sliding doors have you thought about a Seat Alhambra?

I second the S-max out of the fords, the seats do fold really easily and it's not that huge to drive (feels smaller than Galaxy) but it's got loads of space and clever features.

Mum2Luke Thu 08-Sep-11 11:34:17

I would have bought an S-Max but with us having 4 adults and one child it was a bit squashed up in the back height-wise so we went for the Galaxy. I don't find it feels very big really but then am used to the old-shape VW Sharan which shared the same shape as the Galaxy and Alhambra.

They are supposed to be a very nice drive, my Mum's next door neighbour has one which is where we tried it out for size. She is very happy with it and its only a year older than mine (which is a 59 Reg).

SilkStalkings Tue 13-Sep-11 17:59:02

Just testdriven the Grand CMax, can't fit 3 carseats across the middle row easily (maybe with 10mins of hassle but who needs that twice a day?) and can't fit a Mclaren Techno XT in the boot. Galaxy much better all round.

Am v interested to know more about the Seat Alhambra though, seems to have same arrangement/size as a Galaxy. Does anyone know the difference?

Almostfifty Sun 09-Oct-11 19:24:41

I drive a Galaxy and I'm not five feet tall. No problem there. The amount of space in it is great. I have had three People Carriers and I think this one is the best of them all. My Sharan and I were best mates, but the Galaxy is probably the best.

hayleysd Sun 09-Oct-11 19:28:06

Galaxy's are lovely to drive and don't feel big at all, my galaxy has front and rear sensors though so is easy to park, I'm a Childminder so need to carry all sorts round and it's great, my Childminder friend has an smax and that's fab too, am pretty sure they're the same sized chassis, we can get the same pushchairs etc in. I looked at several 7 seaters when I got mine and it was the only one that had a decent boot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now