Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing the best new family cars on the market. Read our family car reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Volkswagen Touran - anyone had one?

(7 Posts)
KATC2010 Tue 15-Feb-11 12:33:41

We're looking at changing our car and are thinking of a Touran - anybody got any experience of them and what do they think of them? Thanks xxx

singalongamumum Tue 15-Feb-11 20:43:06

We bought a second hand Touran about 14 months ago. It is five years old and incredibly reliable, no problems at service etc. It's a great size to fit all your stuff in without being too huge. I was a bit unconvinced at first because it doesn't look so flashy, particularly inside, but I love it now and wouldn't be without it. (had rear parking sensors fitted though, and these are invaluable.

KATC2010 Thu 17-Feb-11 12:54:44

Thanks for feedback. I must admit from your post you were exactly where I'm at previous to your purchase - don't look at it and think wow I love this car i've got to have - rather look and think this is rather practical and could meet our needs!

We're hoping to go and check one out soon - will try and see about the rear parking sensors as well!

SLondon Tue 03-May-11 22:31:17

We are on our second Touran and I can't recommend it enough!
We have had a Touran since we had car seats and now our children are 10 & 12. All of us love it (so does the dog!). It is great for road trips in the UK and abroad, for the school run, and everything an active family throws at it.
When looking to replace it we looked at other 7 seaters - Zafira, SMax (seemed very big), Qashqai + 2 (why did they bother with those back seats?), the 4x4's - Hyundai Santa Fe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Kia Sorrento. Then we looked at estate cars and the Peugeot 3008. None of them seemed as nice and roomy as the Touran, especially for what you get for the money, reliability and fuel economy. My friends who have a Touran say the same thing and they can't imagine what they are ever going to get to replace it.
So, I would definitely look at it if I was you. But be warned, you may be hooked like the rest of us! :-)

LilyBolero Thu 02-Jun-11 00:59:52

We have a Touran and it is great, I love it, easily big enough for us all (and we have 4 children), we haven't even had to get a roof box for holidays.

NoBrainer Thu 02-Jun-11 13:52:37

Just about to change our Touran for a new Sharan, however I have absolutely loved my Touran, we just want more space for when we go away such as camping etc and I fancy the electric sliding rear doors on the new Sharan. I've 3 children and can fit 3 car seats across the back of the Touran, however sometimes it's a pain strapping them in. We've a diesel and in the winter when it's very cold (below 4 degrees C) it does blow out a lot of smoke and is very smelly. Bit embarassing on the school run! I think this is a common problem with the diesels, something to do with heating up the diesel. If you turn off the aircon before you start the engine it stops it. Might want to Google common Touran problems as there are a few. However I would still highly recommend it as it's a very practical car and fun to drive (we've a 2.0l sport).

devientenigma Mon 06-Jun-11 20:20:38

same here, loved my touran

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: