Talk

Advanced search

Volvo xc70

(5 Posts)
Popbiscuit Sun 09-Jan-11 20:55:22

Anyone have experience with this car with three children in the back? DC's are 9, 6 and 4. The two smallest are in boosters still. We're looking to downsize from our XC90. It is a gas-guzzling beast and I find the third row of seats (which we never use) really fiddly and annoying. Any thoughts on the integrated booster seats?

Popbiscuit Sun 09-Jan-11 22:02:43

Anyone?

littlemoomin Mon 10-Jan-11 08:31:42

It gets fairly good reviews from journalists - http://www.carbuzz.co.uk/Volvo-XC70

But I'd be wary of buying one new as it's quite an old model now so might lose value quickly. Do you need the off-road element too, otherwise the non 4x4 version of the car may suit you better?

Popbiscuit Mon 10-Jan-11 12:27:49

Thanks, Littlemoomin. We're looking at the 2011 AWD (I don't think we have the non 4x4 option here in Canada...I know we also don't have the diesel option that you have in the UK). Our XC90 is ancient and needs an "extreme makeover" if we are going to keep it on the road so have to make some big decisions soon. Thanks again!

littlemoomin Mon 10-Jan-11 14:22:57

No problem, in the UK we have the V70, which is the same but non 4x4. The XC90 isn't due to be replaced soon I don't think, so might be worth looking at another one of those, even if you don't use the back seats that much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now