Ford KA or Vauxhall Corsa?

(9 Posts)
ShrineOfCrazyDemon Mon 18-Oct-10 17:47:38

Message withdrawn

zerominuszero Mon 18-Oct-10 18:10:14

Hmmmm. I've heard OK-ish things about Kas, relative to their price, but the three door thing would be really annoying - given that you're prepared to spend up to £7k I think you should get something with 5 doors. I don't know much about Corsas at all but would never get a Vauxhall myself through pure blind prejudice (no reason, I've just never liked them - ditto Renault).

Have you thought about a Nissan Micra? You could practically get a brand new 5 door for £7k or a decent second hander for 4-5k. I'm not bias or anything, but that's what we've got and we love it.

FWIW prior to the Micra we had an old VW Polo which was good but didn't like getting wet hmm but I think newer VWs have got over that glitch, although they might be out of your price range.

I know I didn't totally answer your question but I hope it helps anyway

ShrineOfCrazyDemon Mon 18-Oct-10 18:32:31

Message withdrawn

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Mon 18-Oct-10 18:46:23

I love my KA. There is only me and DS (6.2) and it serves us fine. Mines 12 years old with over 100k on the clock grin

The only thing that may prove difficult for you is the boot space if you have a buggy. I think a stroller will fit but not one with a long handle iyswim.

I have taken DS and 2 other children in the car and also 2 more adults with either both sat at the bak and DS in the front of 1 front and 1 back with DS.

Corsa's are lovely but I believe they are more expensive to fix if something goes wrong? Do know the insurance on the KA is very cheap too - mines £200 fully comp for a year. Tax is £68 every 6 months.

Bumperlicious Mon 18-Oct-10 18:51:50

I have a12 year old corsa & love it, it's a lovely car to drive.

ShrineOfCrazyDemon Mon 18-Oct-10 18:54:13

Message withdrawn

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Mon 18-Oct-10 19:00:11

It doesn't bother me about the 3 doors, DS generally sits in front with me and I've found as only 2 back seats they are wider.

cowboylover Thu 02-Dec-10 18:28:51

I love my KA and had a Corsa before with nothing but problems!

Maybe a 4 door Fiesta which my MIL has and a nice middle size car.

I would not have a micra has I think they are hobbile to drive but its all personal pref so worth a try.

Let us know what you pick x

LordOfTheFlies Thu 21-Jul-11 23:23:46

I had a corsa 1.4 in 1994- lovely car,almost parked itself and that was without rear sensor parking and power steering
Hired one early this year (so brand new) and found this visibilty less due to the thicker pillars between the windows.
Had a 2005 micra 1.2 until it was involves in a RTA (not my fault) and it got written off. Power steering but found Rear S/Park a real pain in the behind.
Got one as a courtesy car in January and it felt really small.

Currantly got a manky Almera and they don't make them now so I'm hanging onto it!wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now